Author of Marital Self Help Books Murders Wife
1. Married People are not more mature, godly, loving, or responsible than the unmarried
A lot of married Christians like to think that marriage makes people more mature, loving, responsible, godly… but then you get stories like this, where a guy who wrote a book called ‘How to have a better marriage’ later shoots and kills his wife.
2a. This is also part of my “They’re married?!?!?!” series – posts about weirdos, crackpots, or creeps who manged to get a spouse
2b. This is another example disproving one common Christian falsehood that an unmarried person has to achieve some level of godliness, maturity, -or whatever- before God will send you a spouse
This Medina guy (murder aside) sounds like a crackpot, too. He’s into ghosts, UFOs, and takes time travel machines seriously.
How a lunatic such as him gets married, while sane singles can’t even so much get a date is a mystery. Maybe his wife (R.I.P.) had exceptionally low standards?
- A horrifying crime scene in South Miami hit Facebook Thursday when a man posted a photo of his dead wife — and a confession that he had killed her.
Derek Medina posted the photo some time around noon Thursday, with the words “Rip Jennifer Alfonso.” The image shows his wife’s body slumped backwards from her knees on the floor in what appears to be the couple’s kitchen. Her face and arms are covered in blood.
(Link): Miami New Times reports Medina has authored a number of self-help e-books, including one titled “How I Saved Someone’s Life and Marriage and Family Problems Thru Communication.”
- By Kyle Munzenrieder
- Aug. 8 2013 at 5:07
Derek Medina, the South Miami man who ended his marriage and his wife’s life this morning and then posted photos of her dead body on Facebook, once wrote an e-book titled How I Saved Someone’s Life and Marriage and Family Problems Thru Communication.
Medina was a prolific publisher of self-help e-books and maintained a website at EmotionalWriter.com.
…The books [by Medina] mostly have long, bizarre titles:
- How I Saved Someone’s Life and Marriage and Family Problems Thru Communication
- Humans Who Are Gifted and Can See the Supernatural Spirit Ghost World We Live in Called Ghost Haunted Adventures
- How a Judgmental and Selfish Attitude Is Destroying the World We Live in Because the World Is Vanishing Beneath Our Eyes
- Attention World Save Yourself
- World Just Ask Yourself Why We Are Living a Life Full of Lies and How I an Emotional Writer Made All of My Professional Dreams Come True Blocking Society’s Teachings
- If the World Ended Today How Would You React to Saving the World or Helping the World or Would It All Be Over for You
In a summary of one book, Medina claims he can hunt ghosts and once saved his wife from a ghost attack while they were in New York.
…Another summary indicates Medina had “experiences with aliens, UFOs,” and breaks down “his comparison of humans and aliens.”
… Internet trolls have already found his book about marriage on Barnes & Noble’s site.
“What a fantastic book. My wife was rustling my jimmies but I didn’t want to get a divorce. Instead, I read this book and shot her in the face,” wrote one in the review section.
- The post claimed that his wife was punching him and that he wasn’t going to stand any more abuse. However, YouTube videos linked to his Facebook page earlier this week show him working out in a martial arts studio, punching and kicking a heavy bag.
The next and final post — also at 11:11 a.m. and titled “Rip Jennifer Alfonso” — was a gruesome photograph showing a woman in black leotards slumped on the floor, on her back with her legs bent backward and blood on her left arm and left cheek. The photo was up for more than five hours before Facebook removed the page late Thursday afternoon.
(Link): Ex-Church Usher Found Guilty of Hiring Hitman to Kill His Wife So He Can Pursue Kinky Sexual Lifestyle With His Mistress (the guy in this story is married AND is a parent)