Weird Marriages – Male Solider is Britain’s first transgender Muslim woman and is now MARRIED (to a male Muslim)
1. I’m sorry to see he (she?) fell for the cliched advice to single women about “grow your hair long if you want a man”
2. There is nothing “peaceful” about Islam
3. Thank God I’m still single and am not having sex. This article is a boost for those days I feel bad about being single and celibate.
- -Lucy Vallender had a sex change in 2010 and converted to Islam last year
- -Says she had been a TA private in Gloucestershire but gave up after a year
- -‘I tried to do macho things but I was trying to be someone I wasn’t,’ she says
- -Met already married Murad online but he didn’t know she was once a man
- -They wed in April on first meeting and have met twice for sex since, she says
- -But her local mosque have barred her after she refused to pray with men
By MARTIN ROBINSON
PUBLISHED: 4 September 2013
A former trained soldier has swapped her Territorial Army beret for a veil and become Britain’s first transgender Muslim woman.
Lucy Vallender used to be called Laurens and says she is finally ‘true to herself’ after a sex change three years ago.
The 28-year-old is now married to a Muslim man she met on an online dating site, but he did not know she was once a man when they wed.
She now wears a full veil outside her Swindon home to show the world she is married.
… After quitting the TA the 28-year-old started dressing as a woman and had relationships with men.
She also grew her hair and had hormone therapy before her life-changing operation.
… Miss Vallender told her GP she was ‘in the wrong body’ and three years ago had her sex change.
… In another major life change, she then converted to Islam because it promoted peace last September.
‘I had thought about it for a while but it is such a taboo I thought,’ she said.
‘But I did it because it is a nice religion – so peaceful.
… Her conversion to Islam followed last Autumn and then she married Murad at a small ceremony at his home in London.
‘I love him, he’s kind and soft spoken,’ she said.
‘I’ve seen him twice since the wedding . When I do we have sex.
‘I didn’t tell him I was transsexual but he must have suspected it as he he’s seen my scars.’
But she has run into trouble with her local mosque in Swindon, Wiltshire, as they would not let her pray with the other women.
Miss Vallender says she has been victimised by worhippers, who she says have asked her personal, and banned her because she is a transexual, and she wants to ‘get justice’ for transgender and Muslim people.
…’The way they treated me was disgusting.
‘They asked me questions about my bra cup size, asked about my Adam’s apple, about my period and asked to see my birth certificate.