Preacher Sends Nude Photos to Married Woman, Hits On Her, Tells Her to Divorce Spouse, Has Sex With Woman In Church Building
I can’t figure out if the preacher is married or not, but his female target was married. (Edit, yes he is married. I added the info below).
If I understand the article right, she did cave in at one point and have sex with him, or sent him nude photos.
I re read the article. The article mentions they had sex IN their church building, even during the time the idiot preacher was doing marital counseling for her and her spouse.
Being married is not a guarantee that one will be immune from sexual sin, nor does marriage necessarily make a person more mature, godly, or responsible.
Since this guy worked as a Christian preacher, how or why should a Christian single woman bother dating or marrying Christian men only? Self professing Christian males act no better than Non Christian ones.
- Pastor Dale Lee McFarland was an up-and-coming star in the “Purpose Driven Church” movement, having left his position as a Microsoft executive to launch a thriving megachurch in Arizona and travel the world with evangelical superstar Rick Warren to train others in the methods of “The Purpose Driven Life.”
- McFarland’s congregation, Radiant Church in Surprise, Ariz., had even boasted of receiving the Church Health Award from Purpose Driven Ministries and had grown to be one of the largest Assemblies of God churches in the country.
- But earlier this year, a couple in the church filed a lawsuit, Courthouse News reports, alleging McFarland told the wife to have sex with him with “God’s approval” and divorce her husband.
- Derek and Jody Gallagher claim McFarland “breached his duty as a pastor and counselor when [he] began manipulating a vulnerable Jody for his personal, perverted sexual pleasures.”
- The Gallaghers’ sordid story includes charges McFarland told Jody her husband was “dangerous” and convinced her to change her home’s locks, sent her salacious and pornographic messages, exchanged nude photographs with her and manipulated her into having sex with him in the church building, even while he was offering the couple marriage counseling.
- The Gallaghers, who are reportedly still married and seeking counseling elsewhere, are suing McFarland, Radiant Church Assembly of God and the Arizona District Council of the Assemblies of God in Maricopa County Court for $6.6 million, claiming breach of fiduciary duty, intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligent infliction of emotional distress and other claims.
- McFarland, meanwhile, is no longer employed at Radiant Church, and in fact, the church has scrubbed all mention of him from its website.
- The allegations, however, have caused some detractors of the Purpose Driven movement and its founder, Rick Warren, to renew their criticism.
- …But Warren’s critics have claimed his Purpose Driven ministry emphasizes only doing good, while dodging the kind of biblical repentance that is needed for a person – or a pastor – to have their life transformed by Christ. The Purpose Driven Church model, or PDC, discounts the fear of the Lord, Warren’s critics say, while encouraging pastors to become “masters” of their churches instead of servants.
- …The Gallaghers claim that McFarland’s wife, Sandra, “knew about her husband’s adulterous behavior and his penchant for pursing vulnerable women congregants of his flock, married or unmarried and was complicit in his behavior by choosing to allow it to continue, knowing other women would be harmed and victimized.”
- Warren’s model pastor accused of manipulating woman for ‘perverted pleasures’
Published: 12/11/2012 at 9:30 PM
From another (Link): source:
- The Gallaghers claim that McFarland “gradually increased the pornographic style of his communications and even persuaded Jody to send him nude pictures of herself and to exchange nude pictures of himself.
- He proposed clandestine meetings at motels, including one in Prescott near where Jody lived, and provided her cash for such purposes.
- He described in crude and rude terms his desire to ‘F***’ her on his Harley and told of his visions of her private ‘wet’ body parts and ‘Ah-mazing’ other body features that he described in crude ways and intimate detail,” the complaint states.
- Jody claims McFarland manipulated her “into having physical relations with him in the inner sanctum of the pastor’s chambers after he arranged for all staff to be absent” – the “very same place where McFarland provided Derek marriage counseling just days after having sexual relations with Derek’s wife Jody.”
(Link): Pastor charged in wife’s murder was headed to Europe to marry boyfriend, prosecutor says – Single Xtian Ladies: Kick that Be Equally Yoked Teaching to the Curb! Also: Marriage and Parenthood do not make people more godly or mature or loving or ethical