Social Conservatives Plot ‘Coup’ Against GOP over Family Issues
I feel sorry for anyone who visits this blog the first time.
They will probably find themselves confused about my beliefs, in particular my political leanings.
If you are new to this blog, I would encourage you to visit and read this blog’s (Link): “About” page.
In a nutshell:
Despite the fact I am critical of social conservatives on this blog, I myself AM a social conservative. (On occasion, I also pick apart left wingers when they annoy me.)
I wish social conservatives would calm down and stop trying to force their views on everyone else, and stop trying to use the GOP as their battering ram. So no, I’m not completely thrilled with this news:
(Link): Social Conservatives Plot ‘Coup’ Against GOP over Family Issues
- Social conservatives are plotting a political “coup” on a GOP they deem has gone soft on issues such as gay marriage and abortion, Politico reported Thursday.
- Recently, a secret strategy session between leaders of the religious right and its wealthiest backers was held at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Northern Virginia over ways to enlist mega donors into their “conservative civil war,” according to Politico.
- During the mini-summit by invitation only, which was closed to reporters, part of the shaping of the master plan included aggressive super PAC spending against Republicans in GOP primaries, holding retreats at the Reagan ranch and holding donor conferences in Normandy for the 70th anniversary of the D-Day invasion.
- High-ranking retired military officers have been consulted on military tactics that could be applied to campaign spending strategies.
- The Conservative Action Project, chaired by former Reagan Attorney General Ed Meese and funded by the secretive Council on National Policy, organized the event that brought together conservative groups, Politico reported.
- Thursday, 02 Jan 2014 08:18 PM
By Cynthia Fagen
- The Republican National Committee, which has focused on Obamacare and other fiscal issues admitted in a 2012 postmortem, “When it comes to social issues, the Party must in fact and in deed be inclusive and welcoming,” and that the party “must change its tone — especially on certain social issues that are turning off young voters” women and minorities, or face the loss of huge voting blocks.
Related posts this blog:
(Link): The Bible Calls Christians to Make Individual Disciples, Not to “Change Culture” Nor to Save, Redeem Culture Nor to Save or Promote Marriage or Manufacture Christianized Entertainment
(Link): Republicans Ditch Family Values As Strategy (article)
(Link): Republicans Turning Backs on Christians – Social Conservatives – Values Voters
(Link): Fox News Channel Guest Encourages Female Host To Quit, Get Married, Have Babies – Look, I’m Right Wing, But Also A Never-Married Woman, and I Find This Obnoxious
(Link): Conservative Christianity Stuck in 1950s Leave it To Beaver-ville
(Link): Reviewers of Dobson’s book about parenting girls confirms it – U.S. Christians fixated on 1950s culture
(Link): Patriarchy Views and Even More Narrow Gender Role Views Creeping Into Already Family and Marriage Obsessed Christian Groups – Re: Mouser’s “Five Aspects” gender teachings