Pastor charged in wife’s murder was headed to Europe to marry boyfriend, prosecutor says – Single Christian Ladies: Kick that Be Equally Yoked Teaching to the Curb!
Why exactly do married Christians keep demanding that Christian single ladies hold out for a Xtian man, when so many Christian men are closeted homosexuals or abusive jackholes?
I don’t think Christian single ladies should base their entire romantic destiny on a single 1,900 year old sentence that asks “what fellowship does light have with darkness,” or whatever.
Look at what happens when you DO marry a Christian guy, you get this (by the way, this guy is also a FATHER – and a homosexual – if you’re a hetero woman, the Christian dude you marry may dump you for another dude –
Also: I guess Christian married sex must not be “mind blowing” like Christians promise, since this guy dumped his wife to run off with some other guy):
- By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
- PUBLISHED: 12:23 EST, 17 January 2014
-Richard Shahan was arrested at Tennessee airport in January although he was required to stay in the country as police investigated his wife’s death
-Claimed he had been with his son at the time of her death last July and that he was leaving the country for a three-year mission
-But police said inconsistencies led them to suspect him
-Prosecutors said 3,000 emails revealed ‘he was hoping to leave U.S. and eventually settle in the U.K., where he was going to marry his boyfriend’
- Prosecutors say Rev. Richard Lee Shahan, formerly of Birmingham’s First Baptist Church, had plans to flee to Europe to marry his boyfriend. The minister has been charged with murdering his wife, Karen Louise Shahan.
- IRMINGHAM, Alabama – Bond for the former Homewood pastor charged with murder in his wife’s stabbing is set at $100,000 after prosectors said he tried to leave the country to marry his boyfriend.
- By Kelsey Stein
on January 16, 2014 at 4:16 PM,
- If Richard Lee Shahan makes bond, he must remain on house arrest, a judge ruled.
- Shahan, 53, appeared for a hearing Thursday afternoon before Jefferson County District Judge Sheldon Watkins. Shahan is represented by Wendell Sheffield and John Lentine. Deputy Jefferson County District Attorneys Laura Poston and Leigh Gwathney are prosecuting the case.
- Gwathney said that information obtained from more than 3,000 of Shahan’s emails indicated that he was planning to leave the country and never return. He was heading to Kazakhstan via Germany and ultimately planned to move to the United Kingdom, she said.
- “He planned to become a citizen there and begin a new life with his boyfriend… who he intended to marry,” Gwathney said. “He had no intention of ever returning to the United States. He had no home to return to and he had said his goodbyes to his family.”
- Sheffield and Lentine contested prosecutors’ claims that Shahan was leaving the country for good and questioned whether the state has “direct evidence” of Shahan’s involvement in his wife’s death.
- … Watkins set Shahan’s bond at $100,000, under the conditions that he must remain on house arrest and submit to electronic monitoring. A preliminary hearing is set for Feb. 5.
- Shahan’s attorneys requested a bond no higher than $30,000, while prosecutors adamantly requested that he remain in jail without bond, saying he is a flight risk.
- Sheffield and Lentine disputed the representation of Shahan as a “fugitive from justice,” saying he had announced his plans to travel and conduct mission work months earlier.
- “Our client had made plans to go on a mission trip,” Sheffield told the judge. “(Prosecutors) are wanting you to overlook the fact that he had told everyone of his plans.”
- …Shahan was arrested Jan. 1 at a Nashville airport while trying to board a plane to Germany, extradited and returned to the custody of Jefferson County last week.
- In December, several newsletters and prayer cards indicated that Shahan was planning a three-year mission trip with Bible Mission International in Frankfurt.
- …Karen Louise Shahan’s body was discovered about 11:15 a.m. July 23 inside the family’s Hugh Circle home. According to an affidavit filed Friday, she was stabbed to death.
- Authorities said that Shahan told investigators that he was out of town visiting one of the couple’s two sons when his wife’s body was found.
- … Shortly after his release, the pastor took paid administrative leave from his post as Children and Families Pastor and the Facilities Director at First Baptist, and he resigned Dec. 31.
May 2015. Update to the story above:
(Link): Obnoxious and Sexist Preacher Mark Driscoll Wants Christian Singles to Stay Single Indefinitely – And Even Though Unwanted, Prolonged Singleness has Been a Huge Issue For Christian Singles for A Couple Decades Now – Driscoll: ‘Christians should not marry pro choicers’
(Link): Pro Ball Player Convicted for Kid Diddling Three Kids Claims to be an Outstanding Christian (and he’s married with a kid of his own) – again, why should Christian single gals limit themselves to only marrying Christian men? The Whole “Being Yoked Equally” thing is irrelevant and unduly limiting for singles