Bitter, Frustrated 22 Year Old Male Virgin Kills Several Women Because He Can’t Get Dates
I bet this lunatic considered himself a “nice guy.” *Snicker.*
One article says, regarding the gunman,
In a YouTube video titled “Retribution,” the gunman, who was a student at Santa Barbara City College,
expresses his frustration over being a virgin at 22 and the constant rejection from women.
“For the last eight years of my life, ever since I hit puberty, I’ve been forced to endure an existence of loneliness, rejection and unfulfilled desires, all because girls have never been attracted to me,” he said.
“In those years I’ve had to rot in loneliness. It’s not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me. I don’t know why you girls have never been attracted to me, but I will punish you for it.”
What a whiny cry baby.
I’m a virgin in my 40s, female, had hoped to marry, am still single, have a healthy sex drive, and you don’t see me shooting at men. I do not feel as though men “owe” me dates or anything like that, geeze.
By the way, this news story is spectacular evidence of how Christian culture has failed in teaching about celibacy, virginity.
Christians mock and ridicule (or else ignore) virginity as much as secular culture does (I have a few links about that at the bottom of this post).
Christians expend a lot of energy either ignoring adult singleness – in favor of endless pontificating about marriage and setting up ministries to meet the needs of married people – or some of figure heads within the faith insult adult singleness (see, for example, my posts on this blog about Al Mohler).
Here are some more links about the guy who shot some women dead over frustration due to being single and a virgin – you will notice this sicko feels tremendously entitled to have a woman, and “beautiful” women at that:
Partial transcript from one of his videos:
- I’m 22 years old and I’m still
- I’ve been through college for two and half years, more than that actually, and I’m still a virgin.
- It has been very torturous. College is the time when everyone experiences those things such as sex and fun and pleasure. In those years I’ve had to rot in loneliness.
- It’s not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me. I don’t know why you girls aren’t attracted to me but I will punish you all for it. It’s an injustice, a crime, because I don’t know what you don’t see in me.
- I’m the perfect guy and yet you throw yourselves at all these obnoxious men instead of me, the supreme gentleman. I will punish all of you for it. [Laughs]
- On the day of retribution, I am going to enter the hottest sorority house of UCSB [UC Santa Barbara]. And I will slaughter every single spoiled, stuck up blonde slut I see inside there.
- All those girls I have desired so much, they will have all rejected me and looked down upon me as an inferior man if I ever made a sexual advance towards them.
- I’ve never even kissed a girl.
- While they throw themselves at these obnoxious brutes. I will take great pleasure in slaughtering all of you. You will finally see that I am, in truth, the superior one, the true alpha male. [Laughs]
- Yes, after I have annihilated every single girl in the sorority house, I will take to the street of Isla Vista and slay every single person I see there.
- All those popular kids who live such lives of hedonist pleasure while I’ve had to rot in loneliness for all these years, they’ve all looked down upon me when I’ve tried to go out and join them.
- They’ve all treated me like a mouse. Well now I will be a god compared to you. You will all be animals. You are animals and I will slaughter you like animals and I will be a god, exacting my retribution on all those who deserve it.
- And you do deserve it, just for the crime of living a better life than me. All you popular kids, you’ve never accepted me. Now you’ll all pay for it.
[More about the killer from Daily Mail]:
- … But if Rodger did have relationships and sex with women, some psychologists suggest that he still would have gone on his rampage because his problems run deeper than just claiming to be a virgin.
- “If Rodger had the capacity to be in a real, loving relationship I would imagine that he would have been much less capable of such callous behavior towards others,” clinical social worker and psychotherapist Laura Miller told CBS Hartford.
- “His disconnect from the humanity of others and their inherent worth would likely preclude any such relationship from occurring, however. So I don’t think having a girlfriend or sex is the issue here, but rather a direct result of his lack of self-awareness and lack of empathy towards those around him.”
- … Miller said that Rodger is “projecting and externalizing his issues constantly” throughout his manifesto and the same behavior can be seen in some of the YouTube videos he posted online.
- “In his manifesto, he is projecting and externalizing his issues constantly, not taking responsibility for any role he might have in his lack of meaningful connections,” Miller stated. “He does not even seem to view relationships with women as about connection, but rather about pride, power and domination.”
- Dr. Krystine Batcho, a licensed psychologist and professor at Le Moyne College, added that one particular theme is found over and over again within Rodger’s manifesto.
- “I do think when you read the manifesto the jealousy theme is extremely powerful and can be found within the manifesto over and over again,” Batcho told CBS Hartford. “A lot of it might have been based on his own distorted perception on things.”
- Batcho noted that there are several other recurring themes featured in Rodger’s manifesto in addition to jealousy.
- “There are several recurring themes in the manifesto and I would say that one of the most predominant features of it is narcissism,” she said.
- “Much of his arguments and perceptions are based on being narcissist. He didn’t appear to have a way of viewing reality from other peoples’ points of view. The entire document seemed to show that he only viewed it from his own perspective. He would attribute motives to other people or blame to the popular people when in reality, he had the major role in it.”
- Miller added that pain is another factor that contributed to Rodger’s feelings of hatred.
- “All that said, it does seem that this young man was in a lot of pain, the origin of which I am sure goes beyond rejection by women that became channeled into rage and hatred, rather than real sadness and loneliness,” Miller explained.
- … Batcho asserts that there are more factors that played into Rodger’s actions than being a virgin and not having a girlfriend.
- “In my very humble opinion, I doubt that if he had a real relationship and sex with women that it would have prevented him from killing people,” Batcho, who has been seeing patients as a psychologist for over 30 years, stated.
- “I don’t think it was the only element. Many people become disappointed; they become discouraged, frustrated, and angry. But statistics wise, what Rodger did was so rare. There was definitely more going on than him being a 22-year-old male and not having sexual intercourse yet.”
- In a startling revelation this evening, jezebel has told how a tipster from male virgin forum site, Wizardchan [forum where male virgins post] had told how various members of the community had urged Elliot Rodger not to go through with his killing spree after confessing that he planned to go on a shooting spree against women.
- … The latest revelation comes to light as it has been noted that Elliot Rodger subscribed to a variety of misogynistic sites which specialized in denouncing women and faulting them for not liking men.
- But it’s his postings on PuaHate, a site for failed pickup artists which tells the extent of the hatred Elliot Rodger had for all women:
- Rodger, however, apparently did not only hate women. His PuaHate postings include rants against interracial dating and black, Asian and Indian men.
There’s a forum for “sexually frustrated men?” I’ve asked this before on this blog, and will ask again: but am I the only person in America who is familiar with the concept of masturbation?
Excerpts from the above article:
- by AARON GELL
- Police have not yet named a suspect in the mass shooting near the UC Santa Barbara campus that left seven people dead Friday night, but they have said they are studying a video posted to YouTube for connections to the incident.
- In it, a man identifying himself as Eliot Rodger sits in a car with palm trees in the background, calmly declaring his intention of murdering women as revenge for his romantic frustrations.
- Someone with the username EliotRodger was a regular poster on an online message board called PUAhate, on which men who have been unlucky with women commiserate, criticize one another, excoriate the opposite sex, and denounce PUA’s, or pick-up artists — dating gurus whom they accuse of preying on desperate men like themselves for financial gain.
- Many of the posters identify themselves as “incels,” short for involuntary celibates, and some of the posts fantasize about violence toward women.
- I’m an “involuntary celibate” myself, in a manner of speaking, in that I had hoped to marry and obviously have sex, but holy cow, I do not go about shooting people up over it.
- Gunman Elliot Rodger’s warped hatred of women was whipped up by a web forum used by other failures at dating.
- Its members are mainly men who are bitter about spending money on advice to help them attract the opposite sex only to find it didn’t work.
- Members of PUAHate.com – which describes itself as the ‘Anti-Pickup-Artist Movement’ – usually blame the women themselves for their own problems.
- And Rodger found himself being lauded as a “hero” of the forum for a disturbing fantasy he posted last year.
- He wrote: “If you could release a virus that would kill every single man on Earth, except for yourself because you would have the antidote, would you do it?
(Link): Elliot Rodger’s Final Videos, Misogynistic and Racist Postings Leaked – from Jezebel
- We’ve just received an email from a tipster alerting us to videos that alleged UCSB shooter Elliot Rodger may have allegedly posted on a forum called Wizardchan. Rodger may have been a member of the forum.
- The tipster stated that the Wizardchan is a community for male virgins, who refer to themselves as wizards and others as “normies.”
- Rodger posted the video in which he described his plans to slaughter women on this site as well.
- LOS ANGELES (AP) — Before Elliot Rodger killed six people in a beachside California college community, the 22-year-old repeatedly talked online in videos about being sexually frustrated, alone and miserable.
- Rodger’s family worried about him enough to call police about his videos on YouTube, saying they were alarmed by seeing him talk of suicide and killing people, family attorney Alan Shifman said Saturday.
- Three weeks later, Rodger stabbed three people at his apartment to death, gunned down two women outside a sorority and killed one more person outside a deli. Police believe he killed himself after a roving gunbattle with police.
- … In five other videos, Rodger mused about his life and circumstances, complaining girls wouldn’t give him a chance to date them and instead preferred “stupid and obnoxious” guys. He complained he had never had sex or even kissed a girl.
- “I’ve been going through college for 2½ years now and in this 2½ years I’ve had to rot in bleak and sad loneliness while other guys got to enjoy all of the pleasures of, you know, sex and socializing and partying,” Rodger said. “I’ve never had a taste of that because no girl has given me a chance.”
- by Amanda Hess
- On Friday night, a gunman killed six people in Santa Barbara, and the killer himself was found dead with a gunshot wound to his head. Soon after police began investigating the crime, 22-year-old student Elliot Rodger emerged as the main suspect.
- Like many modern mass murders, this one left a robust digital trail, including a video Rodger recently posted to YouTube where he parks his BMW in front of a bank of palm trees and describes his plan to seek retribution from the women who have rejected him.
- Rodger calls himself the “perfect guy” and a “supreme gentleman” who’s been overlooked by women who prefer “obnoxious brutes.”
- Then he lays out his plans to “enter the hottest sorority house of [the University of California, Santa Barbara], and … slaughter every single spoiled, stuck-up blonde slut I see inside there.” To “all those girls I’ve desired so much,” he says, “you will finally see that I am the superior one, the true alpha male.”
- Rodger’s language is familiar to anyone who’s spent time exploring the Pick-Up Artist or Men’s Rights Activist communities.
- Rodger was a “Nice Guy,” a man who feels he is entitled to sex based on positive personality traits known only to him. (“I’ve wanted love, affection, adoration. You think I’m unworthy of it. That’s a crime that can never be forgiven,” he said). He aspired to be an “Alpha,” the most attractive, dominant man in his group, but felt he’s been wrongly dismissed as an inferior “Beta.” Pick-Up Artists, by the way, refer to women they would like to have sex with as their “targets.”
- Rodger was also allegedly a member of PUAHate.com, a website for men who feel they’ve been tricked by the Pick-Up Artist pyramid scheme, which takes men’s money and promises to teach them how to have sex with women.
- (And not just any woman, but one who scores at least a 7 on the PUA decimal rating scale of female attractiveness.)
- PUA Hate is a community devoted to criticizing the Pick-Up Artist movement and “the scams, deception, and misleading marketing techniques used by dating gurus and the seduction community to deceive men and profit from them.”
- It is not, however, interested in putting an end to the PUA community’s objectification of women; it simply complains that the tips and tricks don’t work.
- When Katie J.M. Baker dipped into the site’s forums in 2012, she “failed to find one user who wondered whether women are unfairly targeted (as well as stereotyped, pigeonholed, and marketed) by the seduction community. Nope! On their predominately male, heterosexual planet it’s the poor, gullible men who are the true victims.” It’s still “women in general,” she found, “who are the villains to these outcasts.” As one poster on PUA Hate puts it in his sign-off: “Women are a scam.”
- on May 24 2014 6:22 PM
- Police have identified the Isla Vista shooter as 22-year-old Elliot Rodger. Rodger’s family confirmed the identification and said he had Asperger’s syndrome and struggled socially, but was receiving psychiatric help.
- Rodger often turned to the Internet, both to vent and to search for answers. Like many young men, he was frustrated not only at his own failure to seduce women, but also at the culture of his peers.
- He justified his frustrations by rationalizing his failures as a function of the culture around him. He deplored the “hedonistic pleasure” of the college students he hated so much, called the women who wouldn’t sleep with him sluts and said sex is something he deserves.
- Rodger frequented online forums generally identified as “Men’s Rights” forums, where he complained about his sexual frustrations and expressed misogynistic views. Based on his YouTube account and forum activity, women and his self-image took up most of the young man’s time.
- In three months, Rodger uploaded 21videos to YouTube. In most of them, Rodger vents his frustrations about women and his loneliness.
- While his first videos were largely harmless (to anyone but himself), by his last video, titled “Elliot Rodger’s Retribution,” we see him turn to violence without much thought about anything but his own vindications. His narcissism became such a dominating part of his personality that he felt morally justified to murder.
- “College is the time when everyone experiences those things such as sex and fun and pleasure,” Rodger says to the camera. “But in those years I’ve had to rot in loneliness. It’s not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me. I don’t know why you girls aren’t attracted to me. But I will punish you all for it.”
- He continues, “You will finally see that I am, in truth, the superior one. The true alpha male.”
- He was also subscribed to a number of a dating advice accounts, some of which don’t shy away from misogynistic tactics to pick up women.
- He was a member at PUAHate (Pickup Artist Hate) that’s tagline is “revealing the scams, deception, and misleading marketing techniques used by dating gurus and the seduction community to deceive men and profit from them,” suggesting he spent enough time with pickup artists that he became jaded.
- PUAHate has gone down since the shooting, but can be accessed via the Wayback Machine, an Internet archiver.
- He had an account on Bodybuilding.com’s forum, but the site deleted it after his name came up as a suspect in the shooting. One archived thread he started sums up Rodger’s views well. He asks forum members if they get “”disturbed and offended” by seeing who he thinks to be an inferior man with an attractive woman. Forum members call him out for his misogyny, but Rodger’s views are unbreakable. It seems no matter what people said or how they tried to help him, Rodger was firmly planted in his beliefs.
- By Dennis
- by Beth Farnsworth
POSTED: 10:06 PM PDT May 23, 2014
- …Brown called the suspect “severely mentally disturbed” and said, “This was a premeditated mass murder.”
- Word on the street quickly spread about an ominous YouTube video posted by a young man who identified himself as Elliot Rodger, titled “Retribution.” The nearly seven minute long rant blasts women who’ve ignored or rejected him over the past eight years and warns that he will “punish you all for it.”
- Most men don’t rape or kill or condone misogyny. But it’s our job to confront the disordered culture of masculinity
June 29, 2014 follow up:
(Link): Father of Santa Barbara killer: ‘Part of me’ wishes my son was never born (Update)
Update, June 29, 2014
A bitter male virgin (Chris D.), possibly one of those sexist Men’s Rights, or PUA guys, who is upset by this post, informed me he wrote a rebuttal to this post.
That is most puzzling, because there is nothing to rebut here.
This post largely contains links to news stories about how this young man, who claimed to be frustrated over being a virgin and who blamed women – he felt entitled to female companionship – went on a shooting spree. Them’s the facts.
Women do not owe men anything, not even men who fancy themselves “nice guys.” That’s another fact.
I deleted the link to Chris D’s rebuttal. As I state on the (Link): Policy on Dissent page, I don’t usually permit dissenting views on this blog.
Related posts this blog:
(Link): Love-Sick Teenager Who Won’t Take No For an Answer is Finally Shut Down by his Ex-Girlfriend’s FATHER in an Epic Text Exchange – Men of All Ages Need To Learn to Handle Rejection and to Respect Other People’s Boundaries in Dating
(Link): Testosterone-Deficient Gamma Male Whines About the ‘Friend Zone’ (post from The Other McCain) – AKA, Ugly, Fat, Weird, Awkward, or Poor Nice Guys Who Unrealistically Expect to Attract Rich, Pretty, Thin, Socially Normal Women