Christian Swingers: Body-building Christian Couple Advocates and Practices Wife Swapping – and the wife calls this lifestyle “pure”
I first saw this article mentioned via Janet Mefferd (on her Twitter).
My comments about this article:
The swinging wife of the married couple says she is living a “pure” lifestyle.
No, lady, no, you’re not. It’s the opposite of “pure.” You and your husband are total sluts. (Slut shaming is sometimes a good thing, link on that. It sure comes in handy on occasions like this one.)
What this couple is doing is classified as “fornication” or “adultery” in the Bible, so yes, God would have a problem with what they are doing.
It does not matter if the couple practicing are both fine with it; it matters what God has to say on the matter, and God says sex is to be between one man and one woman who are married to each other.
In teachings on sexual morality and marriage in the Bible, nowhere does God tack on this qualifier: “unless both partners agree to it, then, in which case, hey, I’m fine with it, too.”
The woman in this article arguing as she does would be like a Christian saying that her preacher is fine with her stealing candy from babies, and as she agrees it is fine too, it does not matter if God says in the Bible that stealing is sinful.
If we all just agree with each other that stealing is acceptable, or murder, or incest, or whatever, then it’s not a sin! What wonky reasoning. It’s still considered a sin by God, regardless if humanity is fine with it.
Note also that this story flies in the face of common Christian propaganda about sex and marriage, e.g.,
- -that marriage makes a couple sexually pure (they are getting their sexual needs met via a spouse so they will not commit fornication, so the thinking goes), and that
- -married people are more godly and mature than adult singles
- -married sex is “mind blowing”
- -(married) women want emotional intimacy only or primarily and hate sex or are un-interested in sex
Note also that these deviants met on a dating site.
I’ve had several married friends aggressively push “use a dating site, Christian Pundit!!” line on me when I have mentioned wanting to be married. Look at the kind of crack pots are on dating sites.
I wonder if on those dating sites this “swinging” Christian couple were members of, if they classified themselves as Christian?
If so – again, Christians, tell me why Christian single women should only marry another Christian, when there are atheists out there who have better sexual morals than this?
The people in the photos (IMO – and I refer to the photos on the page of the swinging body builder couples) are terribly unattractive. I don’t know how people that are so physically unappealing manage to get married and have sex, let alone get a date. Yikes.
- Cristy and Dean Parave, from Florida, run a Christian swingers network
- They say God ‘wouldn’t mind’ what they do because it’s all for a good cause
- Cristy, 44, and Dean, 50, met through a dating website eight years ago
- The pair, who love body-building, now run a website called FitnessSwingers
- Mr Parave found religion while in prison and has a 40ft cross in his garden
- By RUTH STYLES FOR MAILONLINE
- Sept 25, 2014
Swinging might not be the obvious way to spread the word about religion but for Cristy and Dean Parave, from Florida, it is ideal.
The couple, both of whom are devoted Christians, have even set up a website called FitnessSwingers.com which enables them to meet couples who, like them, are both religious and fans of keeping fit.
But not everyone who asks to meet them is Christian and so the undecided and atheist are given a gentle lesson in faith along with a good time between the sheets.
- ‘I don’t think God would be mad at what we are doing,’ smiles Mrs Parave, 44. ‘At first I was conflicted but the more we looked at it the more it makes sense to us.
The couple met on a dating website eight years ago, after Mrs Parave, who has three children from a former marriage, Brittany, 23, Daryl, 20, and 17-year-old Rose, decided to start meeting people again following the end of her relationship.
Mr Parave, a fitness instructor, had been an alcoholic and drug addict before finding Jesus following a drink-drive arrest.
- …’I turned my life around, began bodybuilding and now I try to live pure,’ adds Mr Parave. ‘God has put me here to spread his word and our lifestyle community is a great place to do it.
(Link): Why Christians Need to Uphold Lifelong Celibacy as an Option for All Instead of Merely Pressuring All to Marry – vis a vis Sexless Marriages, Counselors Who Tell Marrieds that Having Affairs Can Help their Marriages