More Americans Than Ever Have Never Married: (2014) Survey
This news story is basically a rehash of an earlier one that I blogged on here:
Observe as churches – particularly evangelicals, Baptists, etc – either
1. continue to IGNORE this data,
and out of the ones who bother to comment, rather than HELPING and ministering to adult singles past 30,
2. they will only buckle down on the
(and bear in mind that I am right-wing and a Republican and disagree with secular feminists about 95% of the time),
- “Oh noes, the disintegration of The Famblee!!11! Think of THE FAMBLEE! Oh lawd, what about the FAMBLEE?? It’s all the fault of the feminists, those nasty feminists and liberals!”
- “Young folks under 25, get married NOW and start making bay-bees!!!”
rhetoric and hand wringing.
No cares will be given for anyone still single past 25 or 30, and you will be doubly screwed by churches and Christian culture if you’re still single past 35.
- Sept 23, 2014
- WASHINGTON (Reuters) – A record 20 percent of adult Americans, or 42 million people, have never married, marking a U.S. demographic and social shift, according to an analysis released on Wednesday.
The rise in never-married adults is caused by several factors, including later ages for marriage and more people living together and raising children outside of wedlock, the report by the Pew Research Center said.
In 2012, 23 percent of men and 17 percent of women 25 and older had never been married, marking a widening gap between the sexes. In 1960, 10 percent of men and 8 percent of women had never married, said the Pew report.
“Shifting public attitudes, hard economic times and changing demographic patterns may all be contributing to the rising share of never-married adults,” Pew said. The analysis was based on Census Bureau data and a Pew survey.
- … Men and women are looking for different qualities in potential spouses. Among never-married women, 78 percent say finding someone with a steady job would be very important.
For 70 percent of men, sharing similar views about raising children is more important than finding someone with a steady job.
Pew said the percentage of never-married adults has climbed as the gap in earnings between men and women has narrowed since 1980.
(Link): False Christian Teaching: “Only A Few Are Called to Singleness and Celibacy” or (also false): God’s gifting of singleness is rare – More Accurate: God calls only a few to marriage and God gifts only the rare with the gift of Marriage
(Link): “Who is my mother and who are my brothers?” – one of the most excellent Christian rebuttals I have seen against the Christian idolatry of marriage and natalism, and in support of adult singleness and celibacy – from CBE’s site
(Link): Preacher Mark Driscoll Basically Says No, Single Christian Males Cannot or Should Not Serve as Preachers / in Leadership Positions – Attempts to Justify Unbiblical, Anti Singleness Christian Bias