Montgomery pastor admits to having AIDS, sleeping with church members
—There are updates at the bottom—
On this blog for the past few years, I have been asking Christians to explain WHY a Christian single woman should only marry a Christian man (I’ve yet to receive a response), since
1. Christian females out number Christian males, it’s not possible – so you’re in fact asking such women to die single, even though they may want to marry; and
2. “because the Bible says not to be unequally yoked” ~ does not add up.
That is, a lot of Christian men are porn addicts, have affairs on their wives, beat their wives up, and fondle children, and so on (click here to read examples ~ and this link: Shocking Porn ‘Epidemic’ Stats Reveal Details About Christian Consumption: ‘A Very Real Addiction’ That Can ‘Spiral Out of Control’ (2014 Study) ).
~ I am not seeing any kind of logical, rational benefit for an unmarried, Christian woman to limit herself to dating and marrying Christian males only, when there are agnostic, Jewish, or whatever other men, who may be more loving and more ethical than Christians.
Here’s another example of a guy who is a Christian who worked as a preacher, he may be married with kids (not sure on that), he has AIDS, and was having sex with various church members but did not tell them he has AIDS.
If I am remembering right, some of the news articles said he was having sex IN THE CHURCH BUILDING itself, which, IMO, adds an extra layer of grossness and inappropriateness to the story.
Whether this guy is a “real” Christian or not is MOOT because the gals he slept with or married believed him to be one. I do so tire of Christians saying, “Yeah, well, I don’t think this guy was ever “saved” to start with, he’s not a “real” Christian.”
That point is moot and does not let the guy off the hook – and, it’s my belief that actual, real Christians are guilty of awful sins like this on occasion.
- An Alabama pastor gave confessional sermons at the Montgomery Baptist church in which he admitted to having adulterous sex with female members on church property, mishandling church funds, having AIDS and abusing illegal drugs.
- “[Former Pastor McFarland] concealed from the church that he had knowingly engaged in adultery in the church building with female members of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church while knowingly having AIDS,” confirmed a church deacon.
- …On September 14, then-Pastor Juan Demetrius McFarland confessed to the congregation of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church to knowing of his condition since 2008 and not revealing it to the women with whom he had sex.”[McFarland] concealed from the church that he had knowingly engaged in adultery in the church building with female members of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church while knowingly having AIDS,” church deacon Nathan Williams Jr. confirmed to WSFA.
- An Alabama pastor shocked his flock by reportedly confessing from the pulpit that he has AIDS, had slept with church members, used drugs and misused funds. Rev. Juan Demetrius McFarland of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church in Montgomery confirmed to NBC affiliate WSFA that he made the admissions in a series of sermons that began in September. Deacon Nathan Williams said the church membership voted to remove McFarland as pastor on Oct. 5, but he refused to step down.
- WSFA 12 News confirmed with church leaders, including the now former pastor of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church, Juan Demetrius McFarland himself, that McFarland confessed from the pulpit a few Sundays ago that he had full blown AIDS and had slept with church members without revealing he had AIDS.
- Shocked and stunned, church members contacted the 12 NEWS DEFENDERS and reaction is coming in from the congregation that is still in disbelief.
- McFarland didn’t hold back when he revealed to worshipers at Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church on Sept. 14, that he contracted HIV in 2003 and discovered in 2008 he had AIDS.
- “The church was very accepting of Reverend McFarland and was willing to help him in any way possible,” a church member, who wanted to remain unnamed, explained.
- Once the pastor, with 23 years of leadership, started revealing more and more on the following Sundays, members and leaders say they realized he had crossed the line.
- In a resolution read aloud at the church, leaders shared, and Pastor McFarland confirmed to WSFA 12 News, that he admitted to drug use and mishandling of church funds. And there was what members say was the ultimate shocker, described by church deacon Nathan Williams Jr.
- “He concealed from the church that he had knowingly engaged in adultery in the church building with female members of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church while knowingly having AIDS,” Williams said.
- McFarland was removed as church pastor on Oct. 5. Still, church members say some congregation members are afraid to come forward and many others are concerned.
—- Oct 14, 2014 UPDATES
- Deacons and trustees file lawsuit against Juan D McFarland which says pastor was infected with Aids at the time
- An Alabama church wants to remove a pastor accused of having sex with congregation members while infected with Aids.Deacons and trustees of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church of Montgomery filed a lawsuit on Tuesday against their pastor of 24 years, Juan D McFarland.
The lawsuit said that after attempts to remove McFarland as pastor, he changed the building’s locks and control of its bank accounts. They asked a judge to block him from serving as minister and give them control of the church complex, its bank accounts and a Mercedes Benz furnished for the pastor’s use.
“We are just trying to minister to the flock and get the church back in order,” James Long, vice-chairman of the board of trustees, said at a news conference on the Montgomery County courthouse steps.
- BY SASHA GOLDSTEIN
- NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
- Published: Tuesday, October 14, 2014,
- Pastor Juan McFarland admitted his sins during sermons in September, shocking members of the Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church who voted Oct. 5 to oust the preacher. But McFarland has refused to step down, even changing church locks, church bank accounts and showing up Sunday to give a sermon, the suit claims.
Oct 23, 2014:
If the people in this story had obeyed the Bible’s commands not to have sex outside of marriage, they wouldn’t have to be worried about having AIDS.
- Shell-shocked members of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church in Montgomery, Alabama, are taking the first steps on a long road of recovery today as disgraced pastor, the Rev. Juan D. McFarland, finally left the church following a court order that he resign and cut all associations with the church. He cannot even attend services there.
- The ruling earlier Thursday by Montgomery County Circuit Court Presiding Judge Charles Price brought some degree of closure to a dispute between McFarland and church leaders that erupted in late summer.
- McFarland confessed that he not only had AIDS, but that he also had slept with several female church members without telling them he had the deadly disease. He also confessed to using illegal drugs and misappropriating church funds, according to a report on the Montgomery Advertiser newspaper’s website.
- McFarland walked quietly out of the building Thursday after relinquishing his keys to the church, where he had ministered for 24 years.
- “Who does this to people, and you are the leader? Who does this?” an unnamed church member asked rhetorically when the scandal first broke last month.
- “I know a young lady who is a member of the church who says she has slept with him and that she didn’t want this to go public, and she is running out now trying to find out if there is anything wrong with her. And my heart goes out to her, because she’s been a wonderful church member, and then for something like this to happen. The fact that he didn’t tell them at all. That’s a crime in itself.”
(Link): Christian Preacher Admits He Won’t Preach About Sexuality and Against Sexual Sin For Fear It May Offend Sexual Sinners