Idiot Assumes His 44 Year Old Sister Is A Lesbian Because She’s Never Been Married
Usually, people assume homosexuality is at play when a man makes it to 35 or older and doesn’t marry, but on occasion, women are also subjected to this.
(Link): Dear Abby Letter (second letter on page)
- DEAR ABBY:
- I think my sister “Gladys” is a lesbian. And I don’t know how to approach her to ask.
- I think she’s a lesbian because at 44 she has never been married.
- She hasn’t even had a boyfriend since 1998.
- She still lives with our parents and acts like she’s daddy’s little girl. She does everything with Dad, and Mom usually stays home.
- My sister is an RN and has only one friend from the hospital where she works. Of course, that friend is a woman. How can I ask my sister if she prefers women and why she is still alone at her age?
- — BIG BROTHER IN CALIFORNIA
- DEAR BIG BROTHER: I would caution you against doing that. If you and your sister were close and she was gay, she would have said something to you by now. Not all women meet the right man, and not all women these days want to be married. It does not mean they are lesbians.
- Your sister is gainfully employed, so the fact that she lives with your parents does not mean she’s financially exploiting them.
- That you would call her “daddy’s little girl” is pejorative and implies that you’re jealous of the relationship she has with your father, which is why I think you should MYOB.
The brother in this letter needs to take his rude assumptions and cram them up his butt and leave his sister the hell alone. Abby’s advice was pretty decent. I’m afraid if this idiot had written to Ask Amy, Amy would have upheld most or all of idiot’s assumptions.