Mother Abuses Her 14 Month Old Son, Jams Q-Tips In Ears, Kid May be Deaf in Ear
Another example of how being a mother does not, contrary to Christian teaching, automatically make a woman more godly or loving.
- Jenna Schumacher, a 26-year-old mother, has been charged with child abuse after jamming Q-tips violently into the ears of her 14-month-old son.
- (Link): Daily Mail reports that the resident of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, allegedly made her son’s ears bleed in addition to leaving holes in his ear drums. The young boy’s injuries could lead to permanent damage, including long-term hearing problems.
- According to reports, Jenna Schumacher told investigators that she intentionally harmed her son as a result of problems with her former boyfriend and the father of her son. Schumacher reportedly could not stand to even look at her son since he looks so much like his father.
- The alleged abuse was discovered during a doctor’s visit on November 5 to the Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
- Jenna Schumacher took her son to the hospital so that a doctor could examine his ear injuries. Doctors determined that there was no medical cause for the injuries. However, it was noted that a portion of a cotton swab was found in the boy’s ear.
- Schumacher returned to the same hospital on November 14 with her child, denying to the staff that she put anything inside of her son’s ears.
- However, Jenna was filmed by a hospital video camera (Link): shoving her fingers as well as cotton swabs directly inside of them.
- Several reports state that the footage showed Schumacher repeatedly forcing the Q-tip into his ears as he continued to cry and struggle, a claim that was also documented in the criminal complaint, in reference to the video.