Tele-evangelist Body Guard Sentenced for Strangling Wife and Kids to be With Mistress
ElevationWatch on Twitter first tweeted about this.
Perhaps this body guard guy was NOT a Christian. I’ve only skimmed the article and don’t see where it mentions what the guy’s religious beliefs were.
But I still have to wonder. If this guy was a bodyguard around a famous Christian (Joyce Meyer) surely he overheard some things about Jesus from her? Surely he overheard Christian teachings? If so, what gives with this guy killing his own wife and kids to be with a mistress?
I remember reading about the serial killer BTK. BTK turned out to be an active member at his local church for like ten or twenty years, they said he attended church every single Sunday for years. In his spare time, BTK murdered women.
Okay… how does a man sit in a church pew every week for 20 or more years and still murder people? Did all the Christian preaching he hear not have any effect at all? I would assume that his preacher delivered a sermon or two over the years pointing out stuff like Jesus wants Christians to help other people, not hurt them. Or, I’m sure the guy must have mentioned the Golden Rule at least once. And none of that had an impact on Mr. BTK?
Stories like this bother me on several different levels, one of which being: if you are having problems with your spouse, or you want out of the marriage, you DIVORCE the wife. You do NOT KILL her.
And this is yet another example of how marriage does not make people immune from sexual sin, or from other types of sin. Marriage does not magically bestow godliness, maturity, and ethics upon a man, neither does being a parent (this guy murdered his two sons, in addition to killing the wife).
- Christopher Coleman was found guilty of murdering his wife and their two sons – aged 11 and nine – at their Waterloo home in 2009
- All three were found strangled in their beds
- Prosecutors said he was having an affair and wanted to start a new life
- Coleman was the bodyguard for high-profile televangelist Joyce Meyer
- He feared knowledge of the affair would cost him his $100K job
- Pleaded not guilty but sentenced to life in prison in 2011
- Coleman this week lost an appeal due to ‘overwhelming evidence’
- An Illinois man who was the bodyguard for high-profile televangelist Joyce Meyer has lost a bid in an appellate court this week after being convicted and sentenced to life in prison for strangling his wife and two sons to death.
- Christopher Coleman was 32 when he killed his wife, Sheri, 31, and their two boys Garett, 11, and Gavin, nine, in 2009, in order to start a new life with his mistress, a jury found.
- Prosecutors argued at his 2011 trial that Coleman feared he would lose his $100,000-a-year job as part of the personal security detail for multi-millionaire Pentecostal preacher Meyer – who travels the world delivering evangelical lectures – if his affair were to become public.
- The year before the murders he started a relationship with Tara Lintz, a childhood friend of Coleman’s wife, who testified that Coleman had promised he would serve divorce papers on May 5, 2009 – the same day his family were found murdered in their beds inside their Waterloo home.
- Coleman allegedly spent six months plotting the brutal murder, shortly after beginning an affair with Miss Lintz, a Florida cocktail waitress.
- The jury was shown explicit photos and messages exchanged between the pair, including a video of Coleman masturbating.
- They had also filmed a sex tape in Hawaii.
- According to the prosecution, Coleman started sending his family threatening, expletive-filled messages from a gmail account he set up himself.
- The first read simply: ‘Your family is done’. They continued with ‘tell Joyce to stop preaching [expletive] or your Chris’s family will die’ and ‘I will kill them all as they sleep.’
- But prosecutors say the threats were in fact a ploy to set up a mystery stalker as the murderer, the St Louis Post-Despatch reported at the time of the trial.
- They claim he decided to kill his wife rather than reveal his affair and go through a divorce
- Charismatic Christian Meyer – who Coleman had known since he was a child – gave a pre-recorded testimony saying that Coleman most likely would have lost his job had he been revealed as having an affair.
Officer Jason Donjon, who entered the house with Mr Barlow, testified last week they found the house was covered in threatening messages daubed in red paint.
The graffiti read: ‘I am watching’, ‘punished’ and ‘u have paid’.
Then they discovered the bodies of Mrs Coleman and her two sons, killed in separate bedrooms.
Mrs Coleman was left naked in bed, strangled with a ligature. Her eldest son, Garett, was curled up in bed with spray paint on his sheets.
Finally the youngest, Gavin, was seen lying face down with his limbs dangling either side of the bed and swear words daubed on his covers.
Later, pathologist Dr Raj Nanduri, who performed the autopsy, said it was likely the victims were strangled between 3am and 5am – before Coleman left for the gym.
Police also said they found a Word document on Coleman’s computer that had details about Lintz, including her ring size, and even a name for their future child, Zoe.
Coleman pleaded not guilty to all charges.
(Link): Ex-Church Usher Found Guilty of Hiring Hitman to Kill His Wife So He Can Pursue Kinky Sexual Lifestyle With His Mistress (the guy in this story is married AND is a parent)
(Link): Why Christians Need to Uphold Lifelong Celibacy as an Option for All Instead of Merely Pressuring All to Marry – vis a vis Sexless Marriages, Counselors Who Tell Marrieds that Having Affairs Can Help their Marriages
Link): Baptist missionary and husband murders wife on Valentine’s Day so he could be with his mistress – Tell me again why Christian women should only date or marry Christians when garbage like this keeps happening?
(Link): Pastor charged in wife’s murder was headed to Europe to marry boyfriend, prosecutor says – Single Xtian Ladies: Kick that Be Equally Yoked Teaching to the Curb! Also: Marriage and Parenthood do not make people more godly or mature or loving or ethical