Single, pregnant mother fired from church for not being married
This is very similar to a post I did several months ago. You can read my opinions about story like the one below in (Link) this post here.
By the way, note that this woman is considered single by her church because she did not go to a courthouse and obtain a marriage license, contra to blogger John Morgan, who has the weirdo idea that this woman is already married to the baby daddy because the two had sex at one time.
Well, as far as this woman’s church employer is concerned, she is SINGLE (as in shacking up), since she is carrying a baby but not legally wed (by her state). If you would like to know more about that, please see these posts at this blog:
- (Link): Civil, Secular Authorities and Marriage and The Dippy Christian “Marriage Pledge” Preachers are Being Asked To Sign
- (Link): Sex is Not the Primary or Only Basis of Marriage – Rape Victims / Asexuals / Bestiality ~ Zoophilia / Sexless Marriages / Park Bans Single Men -AND- Single Women – Rebuttal to Blogger John Morgan
- Apryl Kellam, 21, was employed at the daycare center at Staples Mill Road Baptist Church in Henrico County in Virginia since September
- She lost her job Monday for ‘violating policies’ she told Daily Mail Online
- Miss Kellam lives with her fiancé, James, five-year-old stepdaughter and two-year-old daughter
- The daycare worker, who is 25 weeks pregnant, said it would ‘stressful’ for the family to live off one salary
- Jan 13, 2015
- A single, pregnant mother is considering legal action after apparently being fired from her job at a Virginia baptist church.
- Apryl Kellam is engaged to her fiancé, James Coalson, but church leaders allegedly demanded she get married after falling pregnant.
- Kellam began working at Staples Mill Road Baptist Church in September, but claimed she never received or signed a copy of the employee handbook.The handbook allegedly said that church daycare employees must be married, although Kellam insisted she never hid her personal life.
- “When she hired me in September she knew that I had a child out of wedlock and I was living with the guy I was going to marry,” she explained.Kellam said she received warnings that she would be fired if she didn’t get married or at least set a wedding date, but also received a glowing employee review two weeks ago.”She had nothing but nice things to say, but then when we got to the end she asked about the marriage,” Kellam recounted. “It hurts. It really hurts my feelings.”
The single mum said she will get remarried when the time is right.
- …Kellam received a phone call on Monday informing her that she was fired. Church pastor James Booth defended the termination.”People are calling us judgmental, but that’s judgmental, to say we’re being judgmental when they don’t know us,” he said.”They don’t know our heart. We’re not trying to be hurtful, we’re just following our personnel handbook which is rooted in our statement of faith and our biblical beliefs.”Kellam disagreed with the church’s reasoning.
(Link): Sex is Not the Primary or Only Basis of Marriage – Rape Victims / Asexuals / Bestiality ~ Zoophilia / Sexless Marriages / Park Bans Single Men -AND- Single Women – Rebuttal to Blogger John Morgan