Newborn baby dies after mother ‘douses it in flammable liquid and sets it on fire’
And some conservative Christians like to teach that becoming a parent is necessary to be loving, responsible, mature and godly.
If that is so, why didn’t motherhood produce those effects in this woman?
- January 17, 2015
- Young child was found burning alive in Pemberton Township, New Jersey
- Medics rushed to the scene and airlifted child to a Philadelphia hospital
- However the newborn succumbed to its injuries a short time later
- Hyphernkemberly Dorvilier, 22, has been charged with murdering the child
- One resident said the woman told them she was burning ‘dog feces’
- She has since been arrested as Burlington County Prosecutors investigate
- A newborn baby has died after its mother allegedly doused it in a flammable liquid, set it alight and left it burning in a road.
- Witnesses say 22-year-old Hyphernkemberly Dorvilier got out of her car and stopped in the middle of Simontown Road in Pemberton Township, New Jersey, on Friday night and burned the child alive.
- Medics rushed to the scene and airlifted the young child, which was still alive and breathing when they arrived, to St Christopher’s Hospital in Philadelphia with severe burns.
However the baby succumbed to its injuries a short time later.
Emergency services were called to the scene after residents described a ‘commotion’ inside a nearby home before the horrific act
The woman, who witnesses say lit the child on fire, was taken to Deborah Hospital, in Brown Mills, New Jersey according to NBC Philadelphia.
She was then arrested after her condition stabilized.
Neighbor Dave Joseph, 45, told Bucks County Courier Times the woman said she was burning dog feces and said she had a calm demeanor.
Mr Joseph’s wife then notice what was really going on and screamed. The woman then tried to flee but residents stopped her.
- ..’Officers from the Pemberton Township Police Department were dispatched to Simontown Road just before 11 p.m. yesterday after a resident called to report the fire in the roadway.
‘At approximately 11:15 p.m., the baby was airlifted to Saint Christopher’s Hospital in Philadelphia and was reported to be alive and breathing at that time. The baby died approximately two hours later.
‘The investigation revealed that the infant had been doused with an accelerant prior to being set ablaze. Dorvilier was taken into custody at the scene.
‘An autopsy will be performed by Burlington County Medical Examiner Dr. Ian Hood.
‘The details of the baby’s birth are being investigated. The investigation is being conducted by detectives from the Pemberton Township Police Department and the Burlington County Prosecutor’s Office.’