Man beats wife on wedding night after failing to get her dress off
- February 17, 2015 | 9:50am
- It was a dream wedding, a romantic ceremony, with the bride looking resplendent in white.
- Yet it turned into an abject nightmare for the beautiful bride, 22-year-old Amy Dawson.
- After a delightful ceremony in St. Mary’s Church in the village of West Rainton in County Durham, England, the reception for Dawson and her new husband, her long-term partner and father of her child, Gavin Golightly, in nearby Beamish Hall was full of love and laughter.
- Then, at 12:55 a.m. the following morning, the newlyweds decided to retire to bed and Dawson asked Golightly to help take off her wedding dress.
- Instead, he attacked her and she thought she was going to die.
- …. “The defendant then jumped up from his chair, approached Ms. Dawson and pushed her over.“He then sat on top of her and started punching her with clenched fists. He then got up and left the room. It appears that the defendant then came back to the room.”
- …Dawson received a cut above her left eye and bruises to her face and chest.“When I first met Gavin, he was lovely, I couldn’t fault him,” Dawson told the Sunderland Echo.
“He was caring and loving, and when we found we were having a baby, we were delighted.
- ..Dawson, an accountancy student, has filed for divorce.
- …“He means nothing to me now.”