Ashley Madison Site Hack Update / Family Values Activist Josh Duggar Had a Paid Ashley Madison Account
Please see the August 20, 2015 updates farther below, including comments about sexual repression and sexual deviancy.
Aug 26, 2015 update below: Porn star claims Duggar paid to have sex with her while his wife was pregnant; says his behavior was creepy and a little violent
I did blog about the Ashley Madison hack about a month or more ago (link to that farther below).
I am pretty socially conservative, am not opposed to “family values” per se, but I do really think a lot of Christians and other social conservatives have gone too far with the family values shtick. They have turned marriage, parenthood, and children into idols.
It is pretty annoying when any of the spokespersons for “family values” turn out to be big hypocrites in the area of sexual mores or related issues.
I can tell you that believing in family values, being a virgin or being celibate, are not causes of adultery or pedophilia.
I feel the need to mention this, because almost any time a story comes up in the media like what I am discussing in this post, some left wing critics like to opine that celibacy requirements causes priests to molest children, or they consider the emphasis on sexual purity in a person’s life to be a form of sexual repression that causes that person to engage in sexual sin like pedophilia or adultery later in life (case in point here: Josh Duggar).
The problem is I have read of reverse stories.
I have read news articles of people who were exposed to all sorts of pornography when they were young, and / or who were raped or fondled as children, or people who had very lax parents who in turn who had very lax sexual values, and who later went on to become pedophiles, rapists, or adulterers.
That is, I don’t think that someone raised in a culture of Christian sexual purity and family values is necessarily more inclined to commit sexual crimes or sins than someone who was not.
A brief recap of my situation: I am over the age of 40 and have not had sexual intercourse (I am a virgin). I was waiting for marriage to have sex. Though I was engaged earlier, I broke it off with the guy and have not married yet. And I’ve not been having sex.
Though I am celibate, I am not a deviant: I do not fondle kids, have any sexual interest in or desire for children, nor do I ever picture myself joining an adultery site, should I marry.
It’s very offensive for commentators on various blogs and forums around the web to suggest that being celibate or being raised in a culture of sexual purity is always or necessarily a cause in someone engaging in sexual sin or crime later in life.
Lastly, this latest Josh Duggar story again pokes holes in one common conservative Christian belief that marriage is necessary to make people more godly, ethical, loving, responsible, or that marriage makes people immune from, or less likely to, sexually sin.
Wrongo! I have a (Link): long list on my blog of stories like this, of married people who get caught in sexual sins or crimes.
Having said all that, here are some more updates about the pro-adultery site Ashley Madison being hacked, as well as a story about “Family Values” advocate Josh Duggar being a member of that site, and other, related stories:
(Link): Is This Josh Duggar’s OkCupid Profile?
Said one commentator on that page:
(Link): REVEALED: Josh Duggar revealed as having ‘paid almost $1,000 for multiple Ashley Madison accounts’ as 37million would-be love-cheats are named by hackers who stole Ashley Madison accounts
- A report claims that Josh Duggar had multiple Ashley Madison accounts
- Duggar was allegedly looking for ‘conventional sex, experimenting with sex toys, one-night stands, sharing fantasies, sex talk,’ and more
- Among the type of woman he was allegedly looking for were ‘naughty girl, aggressive / take charge girl, high sex drive and creative and adventurous’
- The second account was reportedly ‘paid on a monthly basis until May of 2015,’ which is when reports broke Josh had molested his siblings
- Josh and his wife Anna were married in 2008 after they began courting in 2007, sharing their first kiss on the altar
- The couple have four children; Mackynzie, Michael, Marcus and Meredith
(Link): Josh Duggar reportedly had an account with Ashley Madison
(Link): Hacked Ashley Madison data reveals accounts listed in Josh Duggar’s name: report
(Link): Josh Duggar’s Alleged Ashley Madison Wish List For ‘Steamy Affair’: Oral Sex, Sex Toys & More
(Link): Josh Duggar Paid for Membership to Cheating Website Ashley Madison (Report)
(Link): Ashley Madison Hack Reportedly Turns Up First Celebrity: Josh Duggar
(Link): Josh Duggar Allegedly Signed Up For One Night Stands With Two Ashley Madison Accounts
(Link): Family Values Activist Josh Duggar Had a Paid Ashley Madison Account by A. Feinberg
- In 2013, conservative reality TV star Josh Duggar—of TLC’s 19 Kids and Counting fame—was named the executive director of the Family Research Council, a conservative lobbying group in D.C. which seeks “to champion marriage and family as the foundation of civilization, the seedbed of virtue, and the wellspring of society.” During that time, he also maintained a paid account on Ashley Madison, a web site created for the express purpose of cheating on your spouse.
- In May 2015, Duggar was forced to resign after In Touch Weekly reported that he had molested five young girls (four of whom were his own sisters) beginning in 2002. When the accusations became public, the family went into crisis mode, insisting that Josh had reformed and that the media covering the claims was intent on (Link): “exploiting women.”
- …But data released online in the wake of the hack on Ashley Madison’s servers certainly seems to show otherwise. Someone using a credit card belonging to a Joshua J. Duggar, with a billing address that matches the (Link): home in Fayetteville, Arkansas owned by his grandmother Mary—a home that was (Link): consistently shown on their now-cancelled TV show, and in which Anna Duggar (Link): gave birth to her first child—paid a total of $986.76 for two different monthly Ashley Madison subscriptions from February of 2013 until May of 2015.
- According to the data, Josh Duggar was paying Ashley Madison in order to find an extramarital partner for the following acts:
“Conventional Sex,” Experimenting with Sex Toys,” One-Night Stands,” “Open to Experimentation,” “Gentleness,” “Good With Your Hands,” Sensual Massage,” “Extended Foreplay/Teasing,” “Bubble Bath for 2,” “Likes to Give Oral Sex,” “Likes to Receive Oral Sex,” “Someone I Can Teach,” “Someone Who Can Teach Me,” “Kissing,” “Cuddling & Hugging,” “Sharing Fantasies,” “Sex Talk.”
And here are the turn-ons that he offered up in service of finding a compatible person other than his wife with which to engage in those acts:
“A Professional/Well Groomed,” “Stylish/Classy,” “Casual Jeans/T-shirt Type,” “Muscular/Fit Body,” ”Petite Figure,” “Tall Height,” “Short Height,” “Long Hair,””Short Hair,” “Girl Next Door,” “Naughty Girl,” “Sense of Humor,” “Imagination,” “Creative and Adventurous,” “Relaxed and Easy Going,” “Aggressive/Take Charge Nature,” “Confidence,” “Discretion/Secrecy,” “A Good Listener,” “Good Personal Hygiene,” “Average Sex Drive,” “High Sex Drive,” “Dislikes Routine,” “Has a Secret Love Nest,” “Disease Free,” “Drug Free,” and “Natural Breasts.”
In July 2014*, he seems to have started a second account that was linked to his home in Oxon Hill, Maryland, where he spent his time lobbying against causes like same-sex marriage. The birthday listed in the data for Duggar’s first account is February 3, 1988, one month off Duggar’s actual birthday of March 3, 1988. The birthday listed for the second account is March 2, 1988.
- The two accounts overlap by a period of a few months. When he launched the second account, Duggar paid an initial fee of $250 that appears to have gone toward the purchase of an “affair guarantee”:
Other updates about the hack:
(Link): Hacker’s Ashley Madison data dump threatens marriages, reputations
- BY JOSEPHINE MASON AND ALASTAIR SHARP
- Love lives and reputations may be at risk after the release of customer data from infidelity website Ashley Madison, an unprecedented breach of privacy likely to rattle users’ attitudes towards the Internet.
- Hackers dumped a big cache of data containing millions of email addresses for U.S. government officials, UK civil servants and high-level executives at European and North America corporations late on Tuesday, the latest cyber attack to raise concerns about Internet security and data protection.
- The hacker attack has been a big blow to Toronto-based assignation website firm Avid Life Media, which owns Ashley Madison and has indefinitely postponed the adultery site’s IPO plans. But many professions stand to benefit from the unfolding saga, from lawyers to therapists to cyber security firms.
- Prominent divorce lawyer Raoul Felder said the release is the best thing to happen to his profession since the seventh Commandment forbade adultery in the Bible.
- “I’ve never had anything like this before,” he said.
- The data dump began to make good on the hackers’ threat last month to leak nude photos, sexual fantasies, real names and credit card information for as many as 37 million customers worldwide of Ashley Madison, which uses the slogan: “Life is short. Have an affair.”
- …For the partners or spouses, the initial shock will likely turn to anger and then a deep feeling of hurt and betrayal, she said.
- “It’s no picnic for the unfaithful partner either.”
- Ashley Madison members would likely be best served by coming clean instead of waiting to see if their indiscretion is discovered, said Dr B. Janet Hibbs, a psychologist and couples therapist in Philadelphia.
(Link): Ashley Madison hack: Live updates as ‘UK Government email addresses’ in data of 32 million dumped online
- Hackers claim to have released adultery details of 37 million
• FBI joins hunt for hackers after act of ‘cyber vigilantism’
• Ashley Madison data dump exposes hundreds of public servants
• Millions fearful as hackers make adultery website data public
• UK Government email addresses ‘uploaded by The Impact Team’
• Data appears to include card details, usernames and sexual fantasies
>>>Edit 1. AUGUST 20, 2015 UPDATE
(Link): Josh Duggar admits to porn addiction and being ‘unfaithful’ to wife: ‘I have been the biggest hypocrite ever’ by B P Markus
- Conservative anti-LGBT activist and former reality TV star Josh Duggar admitted Thursday that he had been “unfaithful” to his wife.
- The former lobbyist for the Family Research Council was outed by Gawker this week after hackers leaked information from the cheating website Ashley Madison indicating he had two paid accounts. He just released the following statement admitting he is a hypocrite.
- [Comments by Duggar] (Link): Duggar Family Site
- I have been the biggest hypocrite ever. While espousing faith and family values, I have secretly over the last several years been viewing pornography on the internet and this became a secret addiction and I became unfaithful to my wife.I am so ashamed of the double life that I have been living and am grieved for the hurt, pain and disgrace my sin has caused my wife and family, and most of all Jesus and all those who profess faith in Him.I brought hurt and a reproach to my family, close friends and the fans of our show with my actions that happened when I was 14-15 years old, and now I have re-broken their trust.
- The last few years, while publicly stating I was fighting against immorality in our country, I was hiding my own personal failings.
- [The note by Duggar currently reads at this point:
- The last few years, while publicly stating I was fighting against immorality in our country, in my heart I had allowed Satan to build a fortress that no one knew about.]
- As I am learning the hard way, we have the freedom to choose to our actions, but we do not get to choose our consequences. I deeply regret all hurt I have caused so many by being such a bad example.I humbly ask for your forgiveness. Please pray for my precious wife Anna and our family during this time.
- Josh Duggar
>>>Edit 2. Aug 20, 2015
EQUATING SEXUAL ABSTINENCE TO REPRESSION AND SEXUAL DEVIANCY
By way of (Link): SCCL Facebook group:
Contra poster Bethany Walker:
- Is it weird that I feel a tiny bit bad for him [Josh Duggar]? This is what sexual repression gets you. Brainwash kids into believing that their sexual desires are bad, and what you often get is overblown fascination with sex and/or deviance. I feel terrible for his wife; what a shitty way to find out that your spouse is cheating on you.
Other comments by others in that same thread:
by Carol Lombard KeenI was thinking the same thing- consequences of sexual repression.by Dean ChristakosI agree. He went straight from living in an isolated cult to a marriage with someone he hardly knew and then was unceremoniously dumped into the outside world. It doesn’t excuse anything he’s done, but I realize how hard it is to get through a lot of things in life and understand how he was totally unprepared.
Believing in or practicing sexual purity (sexual abstinence, celibacy, or however one wishes to phrase it, or whatever type of sexual purity is under consideration) does not necessarily or always cause “sexual deviancy,” nor is it necessarily “sexual repression.”
I’m a virgin over the age of 40 years of age because I’ve been waiting for marriage to have sex and have not married yet. I have never had an affair with a married man or molested children.
It’s simply false to state or believe that people who abstain from sex in youth or older are wanna-be or potential sexual deviants. I warned higher up in this post that this very thing would happen, and it has – I’ve seen several posters at SCCL and other groups adhere to this untrue accusation that sexually abstaining at some point in life will turn a person into an adulterer or child molester.
This is simply not true and a nasty stereotype that sexual libertines like to throw at people who are actually controlling their sexual behavior.
Unlike Josh Duggar, I am not nor have I ever, molested kids or signed up to join a cheating site.
it is not true that celibacy, or whatever other category of sexual purity, equates to “sexual repression” or leads to sexual sin or deviancy.
The types who spout this stuff usually get very upset or offended if one tries to correlate homosexual behavior with pedophilia, but they sure don’t mind equating pedophilia or other sexual sin with hetero celibacy. They’re blind to their own double standard here, I suppose.
Aug 26, 2015 update
(Link): Porn star says she had ‘terrifying’ rough sex with disgraced Josh Duggar TWICE while his wife was pregnant with their fourth child
(Link): Porn star claims she had sex with Josh Duggar (while his wife was pregnant)
- An adult film star has come forward and claimed she had unprotected sex twice with disgraced former reality star Josh Duggar. Meanwhile, the Duggar family announced on Wednesday that Josh had entered a treatment facility.
- Danica Dillon (Link): told In Touch that her rendezvous with Duggar occurred while his wife Anna was pregnant with their fourth child.
- “He walked into the Gold Club [in Philadelphia] like a normal patron and said he’d been a fan for a long time and has watched my career grow,” Dillon, who reportedly passed a polygraph test, told In Touch. “[Duggar said] he loved watching my very first scene on [an adult website]. Then it got creepy.”
- Dillon said Duggar approached her a month later in mid-March when she was performing at Creekside Cabaret in Pennsylvania. She said he “eyeball[ed]” her and purchased $600 worth of private dances and asked if he could spend the evening with her.
- The 28-year-old told In Touch Duggar “offered to gift [her] $1,500.”
(Link): Porn Star Reveals Josh Duggar Had An Affair With Her While His Wife Was Pregnant
- …That all sounds nice enough, but then she says, sh*t got wierd.
- After throwing down $600 on private dances, he [Josh Duggar] offered her a cool $1,500 to spend a quiet night together, presumably you know, just to talk.
- So, the Family Research Council lobbyist met the stripper at a hotel room where Duggar proceeded to “manhandle” her, or so she says.
- “He was basically tossing me around like I was a rag doll. It was very traumatic. I’ve had rough sex before, but this was terrifying,” she reveals.
- And yes, this is a complete overshare, but she also said that he didn’t use any, umm, family planning methods, if you catch my drift.
Although she was frightened after their first encounter, when he approached her again at her gentleman’s club, and offered an apology, she softened.
“He said something along the lines of, “I’m sorry, I was not in my right mind…that’s what you do in your movies , so i figured you’d be OK with it.”
So he gave her another $1,500 for the pleasure of more dirty deeds and dirty talk that once again allegedly went down without protection.
This time she says he was less of a freak in the sheets, so to speak, but he did call her degrading names.
Although it probably wasn’t her all time favorite experience, she’s quick to add that it was very much “consensual.” She assumes that by sharing her story, more ladies like her will come forward with their tales of romps with Duggar.
“I actually really hope that his wife leaves him and takes his children away from him and leaves him a lonely, bitter man. I don’t think he deserves happiness,” Danica says.
Update: (Link): News sites: Josh Duggar Joked About Molesting His Sisters, Has No Remorse for Extra-Marital Affairs
(Link): Salvation Army Bans Duggar / Quivering Cult’s ‘Retreat’ (Called ‘Get Them Married’) that Promoted Arranged Marriages for Teen Girls – Quivering Advocates Are Anti-Adult Singleness and Anti-Celibacy
(Link): Millions of adulterers could be exposed as cheaters’ social network Ashley Madison faces data breach
(Link): Focus on the Family Members Practice Infidelity or Homosexuality and Get Divorced and Remarry – links to exposes
(Link): According to One Poster (at SCCL), If You Are A Virgin, You Have Wasted Your Life or Time
(Link): My husband forgot Mother’s Day flowers, so I had sex with someone else – New York Post Says Number of Married Women Applying on Cheater Site Ashley Madison Increases After Mother’s Day
Link): ‘It’s a break from the kids’: Why parents cheat more than childless couples
(Link): You May Be Surprised How Many Born-Again Christians Use Ashley Madison (web site for married cheaters); story from Huffington Post
(Link): Why Christians Need to Uphold Lifelong Celibacy as an Option for All Instead of Merely Pressuring All to Marry – vis a vis Sexless Marriages, Counselors Who Tell Marrieds that Having Affairs Can Help their Marriages
(Link): Why Christians Need to Uphold Chastity / Celibacy For All People Even Married Couples Not Just Teens