Pastor Outed on Ashley Madison Cheating Site Commits Suicide
Times I’m glad I’m single and don’t have sex….
- He was married with two children. His daughter, Callie, was teaching in front of 250 college students when she got the call. Her father had killed himself.
- It was August 24, six days after hackers exposed the names of millions of people who had signed up for Ashley Madison, the notorious site for those seeking affairs. Gibson’s name was on the list.
His wife, Christi, discovered her husband’s body.
- …In his suicide note, Gibson chronicled his demons. He also mentioned Ashley Madison.
- “He talked about depression. He talked about having his name on there, and he said he was just very, very sorry,” Christi said. “What we know about him is that he poured his life into other people, and he offered grace and mercy and forgiveness to everyone else, but somehow he couldn’t extend that to himself.”
- …Gibson said her husband was likely worried he’d lose his job.”It wasn’t so bad that we wouldn’t have forgiven it, and so many people have said that to us, but for John, it carried such a shame,” she said.
Gibson, 56, was known as a great teacher with a “quirky laugh,” but he had struggled with depression and addiction in the past, his family said.
(hat tip Defend the Sheep, Twitter)