Woman discovers ‘boyfriend’ of two years is woman when she removes blindfold during sex
In my ongoing series, “Times I’m glad to be single” and “Times I’m so glad to be celibate” comes this news story.
- A blindfolded woman who says she was duped into having sex with a male impersonator said they also sunbathed and watched television together with her mask still on, a jury heard.
- Gayle Newland is said to have posed as a man online to befriend woman
- While they were together, alleged victim was made to wear blindfold
- Newland is said to have bound her chest and worn woolly hat as disguise
- Newland, 25, denies five counts of sexual assaults – the trial continues
- Claims the alleged victim knew she was behind the male Facebook profile
A 25-year-old woman who claims she was sexually assaulted by a female friend using a prosthetic penis today told a court they sunbathed and watched TV together while she was blindfolded.
Gayle Newland, 25, is said to have befriended the alleged victim by posing on Facebook as a man named ‘Kye Fortune’.
Newland allegedly bound her chest and wore a woolly hat and swimsuit to disguise her appearance, telling the woman ‘he’ was self-conscious about ‘his’ appearance after hospital treatment.
Giving evidence, the complainant recalled they met up at hotels in Chester and at her flat but she was always made to wear a makeshift blindfold because of ‘Kye”s apparent insecurities.
This included when they watched TV and one occasion when they went sunbathing together, she said.
The pair had sex on a number of occasions, with Newland using a prosthetic penis without the alleged victim’s knowledge, the prosecution claims.
- Gayle Newland, 25, is accused of pretending to be man named “Kye Fortune” for the purpose of duping a woman into having sex with her
- Woman has blindfolded sex with ‘male cancer patient ashamed of scars’ – before discovering it is female friend using prosthetic penis, court hears
A woman told police of her disbelief when she discovered that her “boyfriend” of two years was a female friend, a jury has heard.
The complainant said she thought she was having sex with a man called Kye Fortune, who was recovering from a brain tumour and did not want her to see his scars.
But she claims she eventually discovered it was in fact her 25-year-old friend Gayle Newland, who had persuaded her to wear a blindfold throughout their sexual encounters in which a prosthetic was used.
- Newland, of Willaston, Cheshire, is on trial at Chester Crown Court where she denies five counts of sexual assault between February and June 2013.The court heard the alleged victim received a Facebook friend request in 2011 from a Kye Fortune who purported to be a half-Filipino, half-Latino young man.
- …During this time, the complainant said she met Newland – who became a “really good friend” and said she knew Kye. Eventually, the complainant and Kye decided to finally meet in person at a Chester hotel, the jury heard.She told police the only stipulation that Kye made was that she wear a blindfold because he was “anxious about the way he looked” and “could not walk properly” due to nerve and muscle damage.
- …The woman said “Kye” was in the bathroom when she entered the hotel room and the bed was covered with rose petals and Hello Kitty bears.The complainant said she put on the blindfold of a sleeping mask and scarf and that a “shaking Kye” came in and said he had signed himself out of a private hospital in Manchester.
The pair then had sex, she alleges, in which Newland is alleged to have used a prosthetic penis before “Kye” said he had to return to hospital.
- …Further hotel visits followed where she said sex took place again before “Kye” visited her flat and finally uncovered the truth, the court heard.