A Prayer for When You Are Waiting on the Lord by C. Fox
Minor Blog Update:
- I am not sure how much blogging I will be doing from here on out. I have some things going on.
- I had something kind of crummy and stressful happen a few days ago, and something stressful may be coming up for me in a few months time, though I’m not sure about that.
- I am not sure how often I will be on my Twitter page ((Link): About My Twitter Page). I might be able to Tweet more than I blog, I don’t know, since Tweeting doesn’t usually involve as much effort as posting a blog page.
Anyway. I just saw this page. Most of this was pretty good.
(Link): A Prayer for When You Are Waiting on the Lord by C. Fox
Here are some excerpts:
- Are you currently in a place of waiting? Perhaps you are waiting for a job, for healing, for restoration in a relationship, or for wisdom to know where you should go next.That place of waiting is a place we are all familiar with.
- It’s a place we find ourselves in often over the course of our lives.
- Though it’s a familiar place and one we know well, we can often grow wearing in our waiting. Sometimes our hearts grow heavy with worry and doubt. Sometimes we might wonder if God has forgotten about us or given up on us.
- The Psalmist knew that place of waiting as well. His cry of “How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? (13:1) is one that resonates with our own heart. The Psalmist cried out to God in (Link): prayer and so should we. If you are in a place of waiting, this prayer is for you.
- Father in Heaven,
- I come before you with my heart filled with so many different thoughts and feelings. I am tense and uncertain about what I should be doing and where I should go. I feel weak and helpless. Powerless. I am worried about what happens next and whether I have the strength to handle it. Deep down I wonder, how long will I be here? Will I be stuck in this place of waiting forever?
- And why am I here to begin with? What’s happening, Lord? But most of all, I wonder, where are you? Why haven’t you responded to my cries for help?
- But even as I pray that, I know you are right where you’ve always said you would be. You’ve never left me and you will never forsake me.
- You are not deaf to my cries. In fact, you know the thoughts in my heart before I even think them.
- You know exactly what is happening, why I am here, and what is going to happen next.
- All things are in your sovereign care and control. Nothing happens outside your knowledge and will. Not even a hair falls from my head without your willing it to happen. Nothing surprises you or takes you off guard. Including this issue right here, right now. You know why I am here waiting and you have promised to use it for your glory and my good.
- …Forgive me for all my doubts, worries, and fears. Forgive me for my impatience as I wait in this place.
- ….I pray all these things because of Jesus and in his name,Amen.