Woman, 47, Gives Birth to Her First Child an Hour After Learning She Was Pregnant
(Link): A 47-year-old woman discovered she was pregnant an hour before giving birth
- When severe abdominal pain sent 47 year-old Judy Brown to the hospital Wednesday night, she was shocked at her diagnosis: She was in labor.
- A doctor at Beverly Hospital told Brown she was pregnant at about 6:20 p.m. An hour later, daughter Carolyn Rose was born, according to The Salem News .
“I was in a little shock,” Brown, a first-time mom, told The Salem NewsThursday.
According to WCVB, Judy and husband Jason have been married for 22 years, and the couple’s approach to having kids was always, “If it happens, it happens.”
The healthy baby weighed 8 pounds, 2 ounces and measured 20.5 inches long.
(Link): 47-Year-Old Massachusetts Woman Gives Birth Didn’t Realize She Was Pregnant
- A woman in Massachusetts gave birth to an 8-lb. baby girl Wednesday after going to the hospital for abdominal pain.
- Judy Brown had no idea she was in labor when she arrived at the hospital. But that’s when doctors told her, ” ‘It’s good news: There’s no blockage. You are pregnant and you are going to have her now!’ ” according to WCVB Boston.
- The first-time mom, 47, told the news station she had odd symptoms but didn’t know what they were. She thought her baby bump was just added weight, a side effect of getting older.
- “I felt like I was turning into my mother,” she said.
(Link): Woman, 47, Gives Birth to Her First Child an Hour After Learning She Was Pregnant
- Surprise! It was a baby. At age 47, Brown found out she was pregnant about an hour before her daughter arrived.
She and her husband had gone to a Massachusetts hospital because she was experiencing unbearable stomach cramps, which turned out to be labor pains.
Judy recalled how the doctors said: “‘It’s good news there’s no blockage. You are pregnant and you are going to have her now!'”
After 22 years of marriage, the couple now has their first child.
(Link): Mothers Over 40 in Record Baby Boom
(Link): Actress Kim Fields Pregnant at Age 44 / Article About Fertility in Post Age 35 Women
(Link): The Crumbling Post-35 Pregnancy Myth (article from The Daily Beast site)
(Link): Woman in Her 70s May Be Oldest Ever to Give Birth
(Link): Infertility/ Kids/ The Male Biological Clock
(Link): Marriage, Parenthood, Judgment by Christians and Non Christians – You Can’t Win No Matter What Choice You Make
(Link): Hypocrisy: Conservative Christians / Catholics Pressure Women To Feel Their Only Worth is in Becoming Mothers, But If Women Try to Use Medical Technology to Get Pregnant, the Women Are Condemned by The Same Groups
(Link): Hypocrisy in Christian Culture – Those who idolize parenting chide infertiles for trying to have kids
(Link): “Who is my mother and who are my brothers?” – one of the most excellent Christian rebuttals I have seen against the Christian idolatry of marriage and natalism, and in support of adult singleness and celibacy – from CBE’s site
(Link): Pro-Life, Yet Anti-Celibacy, Anti-Childless Christian Site Tweets Story about Mother Who Slit New Born Infant Son’s Throat to Save Her Sex Life (Christians equating single or childless / childfree women to women who murder their babies)
(Link): Article by J. Watts: The Scandal of Singleness – singles never married christian
(Link): Pro-Life, Christian Sites that Flirt With Denigrating Singleness and Childlessness In Their Quest to Argue Against Abortion / Re Eric Metaxas etc
(Link): Renting a Womb – Women Reduced to Baby Breeders (editorial from CP)
(Link): Remaining childless can be wise and meaningful. The pope should know Gaby Hinsliff
(Link): Christians Advise Singles To Follow Certain Dating Advice But Then Shame, Criticize, or Punish Singles When That Advice Does Not Work
(Link): Praying for a Child – The Catholic Church makes life impossible for infertile women.
(Link): Why do we still have to justify the choice to be child-free? by H. Freeman