Actor Charlie Sheen Says on TV News Show He Has HIV
I’ve read here and there on news sites, and have heard on news shows over the years, that Charlie Sheen was a promiscuous guy. I think some of these news sources says he’s even paid for prostitutes before.
Some sites are reporting that women he has sex with did not know he was HIV positive – he never told them this, but he had sex with them anyhow, and they are (understandably) very angry. (But at least one woman says, according to one site, she was not angry to find out he had HIV and she didn’t know, and one says she did know but had sex with him anyway.)
One of the only things I care to say about this is that it’s an example of how being celibate can pay off.
When you are abstaining sexually, you don’t have to be concerned about getting a sexually transmitted infection.
See, if you are celibate, you don’t ever have to be worry about making it on to an LEO list of people who have been exposed to HIV via consensual sex.
The only other observation I care to make about this story: why does a wealthy guy, that I think many women would consider attractive, have to resort to using prostitutes?
I bring this up because on a lot of dating, or “how to score sexually,” advice I see in magazine articles or in blogs (even on Christian ones – about dating only, obviously most Christian sources are not going to support casual sex forthrightly) assumes that if you cannot get dates (or sex), it’s because you are lacking in some way – you must be ugly, fat, poor, or some combination of all these factors.
But here you have a guy, Charlie Sheen, movie actor, who “has it made” by most people’s standards, and yet, he apparently cannot get a girlfriend on his own, but has to pay women to keep him company or to have sex with him?
Obviously, being thin, attractive, famous, and / or having money, as he does, does not guarantee getting dates, sex, or having healthy relationships, as so many dating columns suggest those things will.
I do believe that Sheen has been married a time or two before, so contra much of Christian wisdom, being married does not make a person more godly, mature, or sexually pure.
Edit. Nov 23, 2015:
- Radar Online has dropped a huge bomb, (Link): claiming that they are in possession of a video tape of Sheen engaged in sex acts with men.
- “RadarOnline.com has viewed a series of outlandish clips as part of our investigation into the controversy engulfing Sheen.
- “They show the drugged-up former Two and a Half Men star smoking a crack cocaine pipe and performing fellatio on a male lover.In a bombshell world exclusive, Radar can reveal that at least three videos were recorded of the thrice married father-of-five. The clips last about 30 seconds and depict Sheen smiling on cameras as he brazenly indulges in the illegal drug.”
- …Business Times has revealed that there has been buzz around since 2011 that (Link): Charlie Sheen was knowingly spreading herpes to his partners.
- “According to the media outlet, Sheen was the actor identified only as someone of ‘substantial international fame’ in the “J Roe v John Doe” lawsuit that alleged that a megastar hatched a ‘nefarious plot’ to lure victims into sexual acts despite having herpes.”
- They also claim that Sheen has been secretly bisexual for years, and Sheen does not want that information revealed to the public.
- Nov 17, 2015
- by Adam Howard
- Actor Charlie Sheen confirmed rumors that he has the HIV virus in a revealing interview Tuesday on NBC’s “TODAY” show, adding a shocking new chapter to one of the most unpredictable careers in Hollywood history.
- “I am here to admit that I am in fact HIV positive,” Sheen told “TODAY” host Matt Lauer. “I have to put a stop to this onslaught, this barrage of attacks and of sub-truths and very harmful and mercurial stories that are about me, that threaten the health of so many others that couldn’t be further from the truth.”
- Sheen said he first discovered he had contracted the virus that causes AIDS “roughly four years ago.”
- …When asked if he knows how he contracted HIV, Sheen said, “Sitting here today, not entirely, no.” He did, however, rule out intravenous drug use.
- In California, if you do not disclose your HIV status to a sexual partner you can open yourself up to felony prosecution, but there has to be further evidence to imply intent to infect. According to state law evidence that a person is aware of their HIV-positive status is not enough to prove intent.
- Sheen also admitted to having paid off several unnamed people, some of whom were prostitutes, in order to keep his HIV status a secret.
- He said the total of payoffs had reached into the millions and that several people he had trusted had betrayed him, which was in part why he was coming forward now.
- by D. Falzone
- Nov 18, 2015
- A source close to Los Angeles law enforcement tells FOX411 that several women have come forward to say Charlie Sheen had sex with them without divulging his HIV status, after Sheen said in an interview Tuesday that he told every one of his sex partners he was HIV positive before they had sex.
- “They are trying to come up with a list,” the insider said. “They envision a lengthy criminal investigation. They are not ignoring it, because they can’t. This is categorized as highly sensitive material.”
One of the problems so far is that even though they have contacted law enforcement, nobody wants their names on the list.
- Amanda Bruce, who says she dated Charlie Sheen for “about seven, eight months,” has revealed that she had unprotected sex with the actor despite being fully aware of his HIV-positive status.In an interview on The Dr. Oz Show on Wednesday, Bruce explains to Dr. Oz that being a nurse and knowing the risks of HIV made her “not so afraid” of being intimate with Sheen. She also says the risk was worth it because she was in love with him at the time.
- At least six women have lawyered up in the last 24 hours and plan to sue Charlie Sheen for intentional infliction of emotional distress, fraud, sexual battery … and more are on the way.
- Amanda Bruce says she took medication to reduce the already low risk of infection
JUNE 2016 UPDATE
- June 22, 2016
- In an interview on NBC’s “Today” show on Tuesday, actor Charlie Sheen, who is HIV positive, admitted that he didn’t tell all of his partners of his diagnosis before having sex with them.
- Mr. Sheen claimed, however, to have used a condom in all of those instances.
- “[P]rotection was always in place, and it was for the right reasons, because everyone that I had told up to that moment had shaken me down,” Entertainment Tonight quoted Mr. Sheen from his interview.