Family: Tennessee church hid bathroom rape of 3-year-old, lied to parents and urged against prosecution by D. Edwards – Ditch the Equally Yoked Teaching
One reason of several I’m no longer so keen on seeking a mate at a Christian church – as dear old Mom and Dad raised me to consider – is because a lot of perverts and wife abusers attend churches, AND the churches cover up for these dirt bags when the dirt bags do abuse children or women.
I really don’t think I want to attempt to pursue a romantic relationship in the context of an entity that thinks it’s acceptable to cover up any abuse a teen takes against a kid, or a grown man takes against a woman.
But many, many churches try to hide or sweep abuse cases under the carpet, AND they will often victim-blame the victim on top of that.
If you are a single woman, would you REALLY trust any single man you meet at the following church? I would not. I really hesitate any more to view church as a safe place to meet a potential husband.
Not only do some real dirt balls attend church, but the church itself will often brush off or cover up for the abuser and refuse to help the victim.
And, this is the height of hypocrisy. Most churches claim to believe in “the family” and in protecting the “traditional family,” and they go around talking about “family values” constantly, yet, when a child is fondled or raped by a teen or adult, these same churches try to cover up the abuse!
The church will often counsel the parents to refrain from calling law enforcement. How is sweeping crime and sin against children being “pro family values”? It is not.
- by D. Edwards
- A Family filed a lawsuit this week against a church in Brentwood, Tennessee for allegedly covering up the rape of their 3-year-old child.
- The lawsuit, which was (Link): obtained by WTVF, indicates that the family left their 3-year-old-boy in the care of the church’s Children’s Ministry on the Sunday of August 24, 2014.
- When the boy said that he did not want to go back to church the next week, the family discovered that a teenage volunteer had raped the child in one of the church’s bathrooms.
- The family explained in the lawsuit that they confronted church leaders, who initially claimed that the child was lying about the incident.
- The church later “urged the [family] not to pursue criminal charges against the perpetrator,” the lawsuit stated.
- After the volunteer pleaded guilty to aggravated sexual assault, the lawsuit said that the church “sought to hide the truth about the perpetrator pedophile and about the rape of [the 3-year-old child] from other families.”
- …A Fellowship Baptist Church (Link): training video that was created earlier this year explains that the Children’s Ministry has a strict bathroom policy.“In all cases, no one should be alone with a child,” the video says. “Two adults are required to escort a child to the bathroom.”
(Link): Pro Ball Player Convicted for Kid Diddling Three Kids Claims to be an Outstanding Christian (and he’s married with a kid of his own) – again, why should Christian single gals limit themselves to only marrying Christian men? The Whole “Being Yoked Equally” thing is irrelevant and unduly limiting for singles