Christian, Family Values Vlogger – Austin Null – Caught Sexting
I think I first saw this story on Twitter, and it was later picked up by SCCL (“Stuff Christian Culture Likes”) Facebook group (they are discussing the story (Link): here)
Because of stories like this one, I’m really skeptical about the “be equally yoked” teaching that married Christians insist marriage-minded singles adhere to.
I would assume that both the husband and wife in this Null marriage are Christians – what on earth is the point in a Christian woman marrying a Christian, if the Christian husband turns around and does things like have affairs on the wife, sends nude photos of himself to other people online, and so on?
On a side note here, I’m perplexed at how and why so many “family values” Christians keep blaming things like secular feminism on the downfall of culture.
I don’t see how secular feminism bears the blame for this married Christian man sending nude photos of himself to a mistress. It seems to me that is his responsibility alone, not secular feminism, or the sexual revolution of the 1960s.
I also think this is a blow to the teaching about marriage and dating one sees from some Christians which goes like this: you have to become perfect or really godly to earn a spouse from God.
If God is permitting imperfect ass-clowns like this Null guy to have a wife – a guy who cheats on her by sending nudie photos of himself to strangers on the internet – I seriously doubt God sits about saying, “I refuse to send a spouse to this adult single over here for cutting someone off in traffic two weeks ago.”
Christians often like to tell teen aged kids that if they just wait until marriage to have sex, that the sex will be frequent and great. If married Christian sex is so great, why was this married Christian man getting his rocks off sending nudie photos of himself to someone else?
- Austin and Britt Null uploaded an impromptu vlog entitled, “WE NEED TO TALK”, on their YouTube channel–The Nive Nulls. Austin and Brit discuss nude images and video that has surfaced of Austin Null being inappropriate with several intimate household objects. Austin says this issue has been a big part of the both of their lives for one year!
This page contains a link to the set of NSFW (nude) photos of the guy, who is posed in most of them playing with his penis:
- A popular Christian family vlogger has released a video with his wife to explain the X-rated selfies he’s been sending to a woman he met online.
- Austin Null and his wife Britt (along with the nonconsensual help of their two young children) make rambling videos about their “adventures” in daily life. You know, things like grocery shopping and going to church. Seriously, who watches this stuff?
- Well, a lot of people watch it. They have over 350k subscribers on YouTube.
- But their latest video, posted December 30th and titled (Link): “WE NEED TO TALK,” takes a decidedly more somber tone.
- In it, Austin explains that he’s been having an online affair for the past five months…
From an atheist blog:
- A YouTuber with more than 350,000 subscribers, Null makes videos with his wife and kids in which he also (Link): speaks about his faith. When Rader was going through his troubles, Null was among those piling on:
- [screen cap on site]
- …That’s why the schadenfreude is setting in for many now that Null, too, has (Link): admitted to an extramarital online-only affair. Prompted by NSFW images of himself that made their way online, Null (Link): said in a video that he was basically sexting with someone else.
This is from a pro-homosexuality site; the comments left by readers are very vulgar, so beware, should you visit this page:
[transcript from part of video, Austin Null speaking]:
- “It was actually nearly a year ago, someone reached out to me-sent me some pictures and stuff–a girl-and I, instead of blocking her and moving on-decided to flirt with the idea of responding and basically had an online affair for like 5 months…This went on in the beginning of May and I told Brittney, I felt terrible-I knew what I was doing was wrong. I wasn’t even looking for this-something just fell into my lap (no pun intended) and instead of ignoring it-I fell into it and it just spiraled out of control. I felt terrible, I said I have an amazing family, I have an amazing wife and I ended it with this girl-and ever since then we’ve been in counseling…”
(Link): Why Christians Need to Uphold Lifelong Celibacy as an Option for All Instead of Merely Pressuring All to Marry – vis a vis Sexless Marriages, Counselors Who Tell Marrieds that Having Affairs Can Help their Marriages
(Link): How Christians Have Failed on Teaching Maturity and Morality Vis A Vis Marriage / Parenthood – Used as Markers of Maturity Or Assumed to be Sanctifiers – Also: More Hypocrisy – Christians Teach You Need A Spouse to Be Purified, But Also Teach God Won’t Send You a Spouse Until You Become Purified