Woman Raped at Gunpoint by EHarmony Date
- Cops in New York City investigated a woman’s claim that her eHarmony date raped her at gunpoint in a tunnel underneath the busy Port Authority Bus Terminal, several news agencies reported Friday.
- In a statement to 48 Hours’ Crimesider, eHarmony said that as of Friday afternoon, investigators have still not reached out to the company seeking information related to the case, “nor (has eHarmony) received any information other than what has been reported in the press.”
- A 28-year-old woman from outside the city took a bus into station
- She was meeting ‘Jeffrey Kent’, from dating website eHarmony
- He immediately suggested they go to a hotel, but she refused
- The man reportedly pointed a gun into her back, led her through tunnels, and raped her
- by T. Moore
- Cops are hunting for the eHarmony match from hell, who met a “date” at the Port Authority Bus Terminal, forced her into a secluded area and raped her at gunpoint, law enforcement sources told The Post.
The 28-year-old victim told cops she met a man named “Jeffrey Kent” on the popular dating website. It is unclear if that is his real name, police said.
- …Now, police are looking for Kent — and are seeking a warrant to get his records from eHarmony, in case he was using an alias.
- They are also searching for other “dates” who may have been witnesses to wrongdoing.
eHarmony — which boasts that every day, 438 singles marry a match they made on its website — did not immediately return a request for comment Thursday night.