‘Decent guy’ Married youth pastor charged with sexually abusing 5-year-old girl at his home
I first saw this on WatchKeep’s Twitter, via Raw Story.
Goes to show that self-professing Christian men would make terrible husbands (so single ladies, ignore the “equally yoked” teaching); you do no have to be godly or perfect to earn a spouse; and lastly, marriage does not make a person more mature or ethical than remaining single.
- The arrest of a Maine youth pastor on child sex abuse charges has shocked some congregants — but at least one neighbor suspected he “seemed a little different.”
- Lucas Savage was arrested Friday evening and charged with unlawful sexual contact after investigators said he sexually abused a girl younger than 5 years old at his own home in Clinton, (Link): reported WCHS-TV.
- The 37-year-old Savage is co-director of Youth Haven Ministry and a member of Canaan Calvary Church, which has in the past financially supported his youth ministry but maintains a separate board of directors.
- Savage and his wife were deeply involved in the church, where they helped organize events and coached youth soccer.
- “I trusted him with my daughter,” said Kristine Rice, whose 11-year-old daughter participated in Youth Haven programs and played soccer for Savage’s team through the Canaan Community Sports program.
- Rice (Link): told the Kennebec Journal she always thought Savage was “a decent guy,” but she asked her daughter after the arrest if her coach had ever made her feel uncomfortable.
- …Savage and his wife are among five staffers at Youth Haven Ministry, which was founded in 1987 to provide free programs and Bible lessons to children and teens.