Ingrid Lyne, 40 Year Old, Murdered and Decapitated by Man She Met on Dating Site
The original Twitter headline for this in one Tweet (chosen by Daily Beast), described the woman in question as a “Young Mom.” Please (link): click here to see why I find that rather annoying.
Anyway, I glanced at this report earlier today. It looks as though this divorced mother, who was about 40 years old, met some guy via a dating site, they went out, and he killed her and decapitated her.
I’m pretty sure one story I saw about this said that this woman met the guy using a dating site. I’ll see if I can find other news stories which mention how they met.
(Link): Mom was dismembered in own home after online date
- April 13, 2016
- SEATTLE — A woman who authorities say was slain and dismembered in her suburban home and whose remains were then placed in a Seattle recycling bin was a beloved mother of three as well as a sister and friend, her family says.
- …Charlton [the murderer] has a criminal history spanning six states and his parents had sought a restraining order against him in 2006, saying he had taken the movie “Hannibal” — about a serial killer — from a shelf and told his mother she should watch it and “beware.”
- Charlton, 37, was arrested Monday after police said remains believed to be Lyne’s were found over the weekend in a homeowner’s recycling bin. A head, arm with a hand, lower leg and foot were recovered, court documents state.
- Lyne, 40, was reported missing from her Renton home on Saturday morning after her ex-husband arrived with their children and she wasn’t home.
Lyne had planned to go on a date to a Mariners baseball game Friday night, friends said. A neighbor told detectives she had been dating a man named John.
Charlton told police he went to the baseball game with Lyne and returned to her home that night but was so intoxicated, he couldn’t recall what happened. He said he had been dating Lyne for about a month.
Seattle police detectives searched Lyne’s home Sunday and found a 15-inch pruning saw near the bathtub, an empty box of plastic garbage bags identical to the type containing the body parts, and collected swabs of suspected blood, according to court documents.
Jennifer Worley, a King County prosecutor, said investigators found bits of human flesh and blood in the bathtub near the saw.
Police said Charlton had abrasions on his forehead and hand, injuries to his lip and chin, and scratches on his chest.
- Ingrid Lyne’s mother asked John Charlton what happened to her daughter after the two went on a date together. When she mentioned the cops, he went cold. Now he’s been charged with her murder.
Ingrid Lyne’s frantic mother was texting the man who authorities say sawed her daughter into pieces and stashed them in a recycling bin.
John Charlton played the part of concerned boyfriend during an exchange with Jorga Bass—until she mentioned the law.
“A police officer needs to speak to you as you may be the last person who saw her,” she texted Charlton, according to a Seattle Police statement of probable cause report filed in a Seattle-area court Tuesday.
Charlton never replied.
Bass’s daughter had mysteriously vanished on April 8 after supposedly going on a date with Charlton at the Seattle Mariners home opener. The following day, Lyne, 40, was supposed to be home to take care of her three daughters when her ex-husband dropped off the 12-year-old, 10-year-old, and 7-year-old girls.
…When Seattle detectives arrived at Lyne’s home, they found her bathtub splattered with blood and beside it “found a 15-inch pruning saw.”
…The owner dialed 911 and responding cops made a “small incision” in one of the bags. They found a human foot, head, an arm with a hand, a lower leg and foot, all of which “showed no signs of decomposition.”
…Charlton, who goes by “Johnnie” on Facebook, has a long rap sheet including aggravated robbery, felony theft assault, and “additional arrests for Battery,” according to the report.
Charlton was convicted of misdemeanor assault in 1997 and misdemeanor battery in 2009 in Idaho.
He was found guilty of marijuana possession in 1997 but the charge was deferred upon completion of a drug program, according to the Seattle Times. Charlton was also convicted of theft in 2009, according to Montana Department of Corrections records.
(Link): Why Online Dating Doesn’t Work