Jan Crouch of TBN Died – and According to Suit, Covered Up Rape of Teen Granddaughter
I have a hard time feeling sad about Jan Crouch’s death in light of how she treated a teen family member who was raped (see excerpt under second link on page).
- Tuesday, May 31, 2016
- Jan Crouch, a co-founder of Trinity Broadcasting Network and popular televangelist, has died following a stroke, her son announced Tuesday via a posting on his and his wife’s website. She was 78.
- August 2013
- A granddaughter of Trinity Broadcasting Network founders Jan andPaul Crouch filed a lawsuit Monday alleging that she was plied with alcohol and raped by a TBN employee when she was just 13 — and that her family covered up the incident, rather than report it to authorities, to protect TBN’s reputation
Carra Crouch, now 19, was distraught after the 2006 assault by a 30-year-old man, and told her grandmother what had happened. “Jan (Crouch) became furious and began screaming at Ms. Crouch, a thirteen year old girl, and began telling her ‘it is your fault,'” according to the suit.
- Carra Crouch then told John Casoria, TBN’s in-house counsel and her second cousin; he became agitated and told her that he didn’t believe her, it says. “He elaborated by stating he further believed she was already sexually active ‘so it did not really matter’ and he ‘believed she may have propositioned him,’ ” the suit alleges.
- “Ms. Crouch, a thirteen year old girl, had not been sexually active and was absolutely devastated about what happened and about how John and Jan responded to her.”
- Both Jan Crouch and John Casoria are ordained ministers, and as such, are legally required to report suspected child abuse to authorities under the (Link): Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act, the suit says. No report was made, and TBN “deliberately covered up the incident to protect Trinity Broadcasting from negative publicity,” it alleges.
Assuming that report and suit is true I can’t say as though I am sad that Jan – or Paul Sr – kicked the bucket.
(Link): TBN Founder Paul Crouch Sr Died
(Link): Greed at TBN