Christian Mingle Ordered To Accept Homosexual Singles
This is the same site that has hetero-sexual Christian rapists on it (see this link for more on that).
- Dating website ChristianMingle has (Link): settled a lawsuit and now will accept same-sex searches. Previously, the site only allowed women to search for men and men to search for women.
- A class-action suit was filed in 2013 by two gay men against Sparks Networks Inc., the owner of ChristianMingle and several other dating sites. The suit alleged that the sites were in violation of California’s anti-discrimination law
- The site that sparked the lawsuit, Christian Mingle, boasts 15 million registered members. But the switch might not change much for LGBT Christians, Justin Lee, the executive director of the Gay Christian Network told the Daily News.
- Lee explained that while the website was preventing gay and bi Christians from finding love on Christian Mingle, users were turning to secular options like OKCupid that allow filtering by religion, or going on his organization’s network.
- “Although I know Christian Mingle would like to be seen as the place for all Christians to date online, it’s simply not the case,” Lee told The News. “There are plenty of other options, including a number that are very open to LGBT people and always have been.”
- Lee was also disappointed that the website only changed its policy after settling a lawsuit.
As part of the settlement, Spark will also have to pay $9,000 each to Aaron Werner and Richard Wright, the two gay men who sued the company, as well as $450,000 in attorneys’ fees.
A California judge ruled the site’s original format violated the state’s Unruh Civil Rights Act, which prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation.
(Link): Update on Christian Rapist Man Who Used Christian Mingle Site To Pick His Victims (he liked to discuss Jesus and the Bible with them before raping them – other details in update) Equally Yoked Teaching IS A FARCE
(Link): Pro Ball Player Convicted for Kid Diddling Three Kids Claims to be an Outstanding Christian (and he’s married with a kid of his own) – again, why should Christian single gals limit themselves to only marrying Christian men? The Whole “Being Yoked Equally” thing is irrelevant and unduly limiting for singles