Is Your Online Date Deadly? Here’s How To Spot The Red Flags -from InfoMania
To see the entire list of tips, please use the link above and visit their site. This is only a partial list:
by H. Redlitz
Did you know that. . .
- 10% of sex offenders use online dating sites
- 3% of online daters are psychopaths
- 51% of online daters are already in a relationship
- 10% of members on free dating websites are scammers
- Since 1995, 400 people have been murdered by someone they met online
Considering these stats, the grim reality is that if you date online, you’re likely to run into a few freaky fish before you find a good catch.
But for some women, meeting Mr. Wrong can be the last mistake they ever make. Nadine Aburas, Tori Ann Pennington, Julissa Brisman – these are just some of the women who have been murdered in recent years by men they met online. The list of women who have been raped or sexually assaulted by online dates is even longer.
Online dating is now a normal part of our social lives, but how do you protect yourself or a loved one from the dangers of meeting strangers online? Watch out for these red flags of online dating.
Read Between The Lines Of Their Dating Profile
… (Link): FBI profiler Mary Ellen O’Toole, who worked on notorious cases such as the Green River Killer and the hunt for the Unabomber, advises online daters to pay attention to the wording used in dating profiles.
Although they might not be a crazed lunatic, a quick analysis of their writing can reveal a lot about who you’re chatting with.
Profile Red Flags
- Lots of ‘I’ or ‘Me’ statements can indicate narcissism, as can someone who refers to themselves as good looking.
- Steer clear of anyone who says they ‘don’t want any drama’ or claim that they’re ‘not a game player.’ According to O’Toole, these statements are a red flag that the opposite is probably true.
- Watch out for small or blurry photographs, or a user who only has one profile image.
- Stay away from any language that can be immediately identified as possessive or domineering. ‘I need’ or ‘I won’t tolerate’ are giant no-no’s, as is a long list of demands for a potential suitor.
Negative positioning, such as frequent use of the words ‘can’t’ ‘won’t’ or ‘don’t’ hint that they have a negative attitude.
Once You’ve Exchanged Numbers…
- … If he becomes aggressive when you don’t reply immediately, don’t reply at all. Early signs of controlling behavior indicates a dangerous personality.
If they jump into sexual euphemisms right away or ask for/send risque photos, abort.
What Dating Sites Are You Using?
The dating site you’re using reveals a lot about your partner. Psychopaths and serial killers are frequently drawn to women who appear promiscuous.
If you’re using a dating site which is well known for one night stands, you have a higher risk of running into an unsavory character — and an STD to boot.
If you’re using a dating site that promotes extra marital affairs, such as Ashley Madison, you’re diving into a dating pool exclusively filled with the morally bankrupt. Ted Bundy had a wife at home too.
The implied anonymity of sites like Ashley Madison is a beacon for deadly daters.
Don’t use Craigslist. Period. Philip Markoff, the notorious Craigslist killer, was a handsome, rich medical student. He might have seemed like a great Craigslist catch, until he started murdering the women he met online. Plus, he already had a fiancee. What a charmer.
Unfortunately sexual predators don’t exclude themselves to tacky dating sites. Sean Banks from San Diego, California (Link): raped a woman he had met on ChristianMingle.com. During his trial, it emerged that he had also raped a woman from Match.com.
…Stay In Public
No matter how nice or cute your date is, stay in public and don’t agree to go somewhere alone with them. Inform a friend or family member where you’re going and who you’re meeting with.
It’s always a good idea to arrange a code word with a friend. If you text them the code word, get them to call you with an excuse to leave.
(Link): Update on Christian Rapist Man Who Used Christian Mingle Site To Pick His Victims (he liked to discuss Jesus and the Bible with them before raping them – other details in update) Equally Yoked Teaching IS A FARCE