Churches Would Rather Hear From Ex Porn Stars Than Adult Celibates or Virgins – Church Invites Ex Porn Star to be Guest Speaker
This makes no sense to me. I have written before of churches who have invited porn film producers or ex actors to their churches to speak about sex. I wrote about it in this post:
- (Link): How About Using Celibates as Role Models For Celibacy? (Oddity: Christians Holding Up Non-Virgins [Fornicators] As Being Experts or Positive Examples on Sexual Purity)
It would make more sense to me for churches to ask adult celibates or virgins to act as guest speakers on these topics. You would want to hear advice from the person who has managed to avoid falling into sin “X,” whatever “X” may be, rather than asking the guy or gal who fell into “X” in the first place.
The majority of Christian culture has zero respect for any adult who has remained a virgin past the age of 30 – meanwhile, the rest of them assume it is impossible for anyone to be a virgin past age 25 or 30.
A lot of Christian speaking and teaching about sex just assumes that everyone over the age of 25 is having sex or will be.
Here is another story about a church using a porn actor as a guest speaker about sex during church services:
- The Huffington Post | By Ed Mazza
- Updated: 10/03/2014 4:59 am EDT
- A Virginia church has launched an eye-catching campaign for this week’s sermon. It’s called “PORN SUNDAY,” and the Church at Hampton Roads in Chesapeake is even promising an appearance by a former porn star at the Oct. 5 event.
- As it turns out, “PORN SUNDAY” will be a sermon against porn, and former adult actress Shelley Lubben will speak about the supposed dangers of the industry. Continue reading “Churches Would Rather Hear From Ex Porn Stars Than Adult Celibates or Virgins – Virginia Church Invites Ex Porn Star to be Guest Speaker”