Eight Pieces of Christian Dating Advice that is Keeping Me Single. – from Stuff Christians Like.net
(Link): Eight 8 pieces of Christian dating advice that is keeping me single. by Nina Borum
- ….but I have taken all the advice below and find that I am still single.
- 4. God’s timing is perfect.
- Is it? According to abcnews.com women lose 90% of their eggs by age 30.
Chop Chop Jesus. Chop Chop.
Continue reading “Eight Pieces of Christian Dating Advice that is Keeping Me Single. by Nina Borum – from Stuff Christians Like.net”
Seven Reasons Why It’s Hard To Be Single In The Church by Sarah The Barge
She covers some of the same points I’ve been raising at this blog the last few years. I thought any of my regular readers (assuming I have any) might enjoy this.
I am not going to copy her whole post to my blog. Please use the link below to visit her blog.
(Link): Seven Reasons Why It’s Hard To Be Single In The Church by Sarah The Barge
- 1) The mythical “gift” of singleness.
- I’ve heard many, many times from church leaders that some people have “the gift of singleness,” which is divinely given and has nothing to do with that person’s free will. Furthermore, if a person has the “gift of singleness,” they know from a young age that they’re meant to be single for the rest of their lives.
- Therefore, if you don’t know that you’re supposed to be single forever, that means you’re supposed to get married.
- This is nowhere in the Bible. Nowhere. Paul says in I Corinthians 7 that marriage is a concession, something you’re allowed to do as a last resort if you can’t resist sexual temptation.
- I know lots of single people, even single people who have been single for decades and died single. And I don’t know of a single person who knew they were going to be single forever.
Continue reading “Seven Reasons Why It’s Hard To Be Single In The Church by Sarah The Barge”