Married Woman Rationalizes Her Extra-Martial Affairs – Selfishness, Thy Name is Married People
(Link): Interview With a Married Woman Who Takes Lovers on the Side
This interview reminds me of the post I did a couple of days ago, about married people who do not want you judging them for having affairs on, or divorcing from, or spouse shopping for, a new spouse while their original spouse (who they are still married to) is wasting away from Alzheimer’s. I find that sick and immensely selfish.
Here is a married woman whose husband has some kind of medical issues which makes him relatively incapable or uninterested in having sex (or certain types of sex acts; her interview was not completely clear on this, far as I could tell and remember). So, she joined Ashley Madison, a site where married people can find other married people to boink.
This woman describes promiscuous behavior in her post but then says it’s not promiscuous. This is truly baffling.
Here is an excerpt from the page:
- [The interviewer asks her] Do you consider yourself promiscuous? Monogamous?
- Socially monogamous. We’re the most boring, basic couple on the surface. I don’t consider myself really promiscuous. It’s not like I’m out there screwing any man I come across because I can. I’ve slept with less men than my single girlfriends who date, have casual sex, or the occasional one night stand (for the record I don’t consider those friends promiscuous either).
Later in the interview, this woman says,
- I see about six guys (two fairly regularly, as in once every month or so), the rest I will maybe see once or twice a year.
If this woman does not consider all this extra-marital boinking on her part -with six to more men, no less, which is a lot- or her friends numerous one-night stands NOT promiscuous, one is hard pressed to understand how this woman would understand the word “promiscuous.”
Seriously. I would be interested in hearing how she defines the word “promiscuous,” since she does not seem to even realize there is such a thing.
Here is one online definition of the word “promiscuous” via dictionary.reference.com:
- characterized by or involving indiscriminate mingling or association, especially having sexual relations with a number of partners on a casual basis.
- having or involving many sexual partners
According to these dictionary definitions, yes, this woman in the interview is promiscuous.
According to most everyday people, she is promiscuous. Certainly according to the Bible, this woman’s sexual behavior is promiscuous.
That her husband knows about her affairs does not make the affairs acceptable or ethical; adultery is adultery, whether one has one’s spouse’s permission or not.
I’ve said it before, but, Christians need to stress that sexual purity applies to married people of both genders, not only for college kids and not only for teen-aged girls, as they often do. Christians normally stress sexual purity only for teen girls and other people under the age of 25.
Continue reading “Married Woman Rationalizes Her Extra-Martial Affairs – Selfishness, Thy Name is Married People”