Family Values Republican Politician Hastert in Trouble for Sexual Assault of Kids / On Liberals and Not Having Sexual Standards
This politician, Hastert, is now in his 70s and is in poor health. Some of his victims have stepped forward to say he sexually assaulted them when they were kids.
I’ve seen several articles say that he was a “family values” type of Republican.
Below is a report about it – probably by a left winger. I am right wing, but in the last few years, I’ve had some changing feelings about the Republican Party, conservative Christians, and how much they push this “family values” rhetoric.
This author does spend part of her report taking Bill Clinton to task for taking advantage of Lewinsky.
I will be placing more articles about this story below this first link and excerpt.
I’m not terribly fond of how so many right-wing “Family Values” spokespersons and figure heads later turn out to be hypocrites.
On the other hand, I’m not a supporter of the left wing – many of them not only participate in sexually immoral activity or champion sexual hedonism, but they have few to no sexual standards in the first place. And they don’t want any.
Maybe there is something positive to be said in having sexual standards in the first place, even if it means a person (or group of persons) who claim to believe in them occasionally violates them.
Continue reading “Family Values Republican Politician Hastert in Trouble for Sexual Assault of Kids / On Liberals and Not Having Sexual Standards”
Former Preacher and Pusher of Family Values – who wrote a book saying Character Matters – Has Tie To Second Child Molester
(Link): Mike Huckabee has a brand new child molester problem — the co-author of his books
(Link): New child abuse scandal hits Mike Huckabee: Republican White House hopeful’s co-author molested girl, 11, and escaped charges because of statute of limitations
(Link): Another Mike Huckabee associate was just hit with a molestation scandal
(Link): Co-Author Of Mike Huckabee Books Was Accused Of Child Molestation In Two Legal Cases
- Prominent Christian author John Perry, who has also co-authored a book with Alabama Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore, has been accused of child molestation in two separate lawsuits.
- John Perry, a prolific author who co-wrote two books with former Arkansas governor and presidential candidate Mike Huckabee and co-wrote one with Alabama Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore, was accused of child molestation in two separate lawsuits, BuzzFeed News has found.
(Link): Mike Huckabee Now Has Ties To Another Accused Child Molester
- The man who co-wrote two books for Mike Huckabee is an accused child molester. BuzzFeed reports John Perry, co-author of books with titles likeCharacter Makes a Difference, So Help Me God, and (get a load of this one) For Faith & Family: Changing America by Strengthening the Family, “was accused of child molestation in two separate lawsuits.”
- A 2012 police investigation of Perry’s alleged offenses found that “the allegations of sexual battery were sustained” but that the statute of limitations had expired.Perry co-wrote Do the Right Thing: Inside the Movement That’s Bringing Common Sense Back to America about Huckabee’s 2008 presidential campaign. He also did research and writing for Huckabee’s 2007 book Character Is the Issue, a memoir of his early time as governor. Perry also co-wrote So Help Me God, Moore’s autobiographical account of fighting to keep a monument to the Ten Commandments at Alabama’s Supreme Court.
Those books are just a few of the titles produced with Perry’s help: He (Link): wrote For Faith & Family: Changing America by Strengthening the Family with Richard Land, the president of Southern Evangelical Seminary, (Link): a book with former Southern Baptist Convention president James T. Draper, as well as a book with Frank Page, the (Link): president and CEO of the Southern Baptist Convention Executive Committee.
- Perry even co-authored (Link): The Vow, the book made into a feature film starring Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum. Perry also (Link): lists writing two books for prominent pastor John F. MacArthur on his website.
(Link): Christian Josh Duggar Resigns from Family Research Council after Sexual Abuse Allegations