Christians Teaching That All Sexual Sins Are Equal – Thoughts and Reflections
I found out that Janet Mefferd, (Christian personality – she had her own radio program until April 2015) – wrote this the other day, or today:
(Link): Predators, Dangerous Deviants & J.D. Hall by Janet Mefferd
Here are a few excerpts:
- You know the story by now, so I won’t rehash it. But on social media, I’ve been quite clear about my position on this rallying cry of:
- “Don’t judge Josh! He’s forgiven! Aren’t we all sinners? There but for the grace of God go I!”
- To this simplistic mentality, I have said: “There’s more to this than just that.” Josh Duggar may have been forgiven by God, but he also got away with his sex crimes at the civil level. Read the online news reports for more on how that happened.
- And a truly repentant sinner both repents before God and accepts the full legal consequences for any crimes he has committed, without equivocation, cover-up, excuse or carefully worded PR statements.
- So again, I called for evangelicals to stop all this cheap-grace garbage and start addressing the problem of sexual abuse in our circles with more screening, more reporting and more compassion for the victims.
- Now in airing my views on Josh Duggar out on social media, I apparently made some people mad. Par for the course; I am used to it. But soon, the barbs moved in a direction that really shocked me.
- Some people actually started telling me that we’re all basically sexual predators at heart.
- One follower informed me that “All 14-year-old boys want to molest girls.”
- He went on to tell me, “We have all committed sexual assault, if only for a second, if only in the heart.”
Before I continue, I would like to say that no, I personally have never, not once in my life, thought about, considered, or fantasized about raping or sexually assaulting another human being.
Me saying that I’ve never fantasized about sexually assaulting another person is not the same as claiming, “I am totally without sin and have never sinned.”
The Bible says that everyone sins and shows that they do so in their own way.
However, the Bible does not teach that all people are guilty of the same exact sorts of sins, or of every sin, or that all types sins are as equally severe as other types of sins.
I suppose the “Christians” saying these things – the ones claiming that everyone fantasizes about rape – must think they sound very pious, but they sound troubled and like lunatics. I do seriously think a lot of them probably need to visit mental health professionals.
You can visit that page ((Link): Predators, Dangerous Deviants & J.D. Hall by Janet Mefferd) to get a better, more thorough idea of what’s going on, but in a nut shell, we have examples of Christians – and there are a lot of them, ever since the (link): Duggar story and (link): Village Church story broke – who equate all sins.
As of late, on social media and on blogs, you can find some Christians saying off-the-wall things, such as, all Christian men think about rape, fantasize about raping women.
Continue reading “Christians Teaching That All Sexual Sins Are Equal – Thoughts and Reflections”