Cops Searching for Married Church Preacher Who Raped Teen Girl and Impregnated Her
This news story (among other ones like it I have on my blog) counters common evangelical claims about sex and marriage, including:
- Married persons are not necessarily more godly or mature than un-married ones.
- If married sex is so great and satisfying, why are married preachers boinking other women, including teen-aged girls? They should be “getting off” with their wife alone
- One does not have to obtain perfection or a certain level of godliness before God will allow that person to marry
- The “equally yoked” rule is pointless, as some Christian men are just as capable as being perverted, abusive, and deviant as Non-Christian men
- by M. Bond
- Jan 2016
- Police are searching for a former Chester County pastor accused of sexually assaulting and impregnating a teenage girl who lived with him.Jacob “Jake” Malone, 33, of the 300 block of South Whitford Road in Exton, is wanted for rape, institutional sexual assault, and related offenses, police said Monday.
- … Malone worked at Calvary Fellowship, a nondenominational church in Downingtown, for about 18 months, said Bill Bateman, one of five pastors at the church.
- Malone and his wife treated the teenager like an adopted daughter, Bateman said.
- …In November 2015, church leaders learned of the girl’s pregnancy and of Malone’s alleged inappropriate relationship in another state with a female whose age Bateman would not disclose.
- The church leaders confronted Malone, he admitted he impregnated the teenager, and he resigned in mid-November, Bateman said.
- …Police said Malone met the girl when she was about 12 and a member of a church in Mesa, Ariz., where Malone was serving as a pastor.
- Police said several years later, in June 2014, Malone contacted the girl, who was 17. He invited her to stay with him and his family in Minnesota, where he had become a pastor.
- The girl said Malone then began trying to have “inappropriate contact” with her, police said.
- by Andy Campbell
- A former pastor thought to be on the run after allegedly raping a teenage girl is trying to return from Ecuador to turn himself in, police said Tuesday.
- Jacob Malone, 33, was charged last week with rape and institutional sexual assault for allegedly attacking a teen he’d met years earlier at an Arizona church, according to police from West Whiteland Township in Pennsylvania.
- A spokesman with the police department told The Huffington Post on Tuesday that Malone hired a lawyer, and that he was in Ecuador awaiting a return flight to Pennsylvania. Malone plans to turn himself in this week, the spokesman said. Malone’s attorney, Charles Proctor, declined to comment on the case.
- Police announced Malone’s whereabouts just a day after they said he was on the run in an unknown location.