Liberals on Paranoia: Right Wing Concern is Simply Paranoia and Hence Supposed Evidence of Conservative Lunacy but Same Behavior Totally Acceptable and Non Loony from Liberals
According to liberals, it’s downright nutty and loony when Christians, social conservatives or right wingers express concern at over-reach by liberals, courts, or the government, or what have you, but it’s not any of those pejorative things when expressed by a left wing person, group, politician, or organization.
Hmm. Let me give you a couple of recent examples.
Right Wing Watch, which is a left wing site, likes to mock conservatives or Christians over homosexual militants – our nation’s very own Gay Gestapo – by tweeting things such as:
Obviously, Right Wing Watch feels that homosexual rights proponents are not the least bit like a “horde of locusts” and that it’s craziness to suggest that they are, dog gone it!
Here’s another liberal example:
- Right Wing Watch @RightWingWatch · 6h
- Matt Barber and Mat Staver agree that gay marriage is “the brainchild” of Satan himself & the bidding of the Devil: http://bit.ly/TwyPgA (source)
Here’s another example from July 2014:
(Link): Internet Conservatives Flip Out Over Imaginary Immigrant Invasion
The RWW (Right Wing Watch) url in that second tweet will take you to this page at RWW:
(Link): Barber: Gay Marriage Is ‘The Brainchild’ Of Satan
Here is an excerpt from that RWW page:
- On today’s “Faith and Freedom” radio broadcast, Mat Staver and Matt Barber cited recent remarks made by Pope Francis about how “the Devil wants to destroy” the family in order to declare that gay marriage is “the brainchild” of Satan himself.
- “Marriage is the cornerstone institution of any healthy society,” Barber asserted, “and so clearly the Father of Lies, the Enemy of the World hates marriage…
I happen to be right wing, and a social conservative who does not agree with homosexuality, and I have a special loathing for the very homosexual militancy that RWW feels is simply a figment of the right wingers’ imagination, but I don’t know if I’d go so far as to say homosexuality is the “brainchild of Satan.”
The Bible, in the book of Romans (Romans 1:21-27), in regards to homosexuality, lesbianism, and other forms of non-hetero sexuality does not attribute these things to Satan but says:
- 21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.
- 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.
- 24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.
- 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
- 26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.
- 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
Further, if you’ve read this blog for any time at all, you know that although I am not “anti family” that I never- the- less feel that Christians and my fellow conservatives wrongly place too much emphasis on family, marriage, and natalism.
Another RWW tweet (source):
- Will corporations soon cite biblical objections to minimum wage, collective bargaining and tax laws? http://bit.ly/1kSpMDI #HobbyLobby
Clearly, some liberals believe in a “slippery slope,” and think today’s ruling means that right wingers, or Christians, will try to tinker with minimum wage laws and other issues on the basis of their religious convictions.
Liberals (Link): banned large sodas in New York at one time, but I guess they think “nanny stating” is nothing to be concerned about – or, they don’t mind secular over-reach but panic only over religious-based motivations.
This is another liberal editorial, this one on the recent ruling involving Hobby Lobby, and shows some panic over what today’s ruling might mean in the future:
(Link): In Hobby Lobby Ruling, a Court So Wrong in So Many Ways by Sally Kohn
Here are a few excerpts:
- Reliance on junk science, backwards ideas about religious freedom—it’s all there in the conservative majority’s awful Hobby Lobby ruling.
- … The owners of Hobby Lobby and Conestoga Wood cannot be allowed to impose their religious beliefs on their employees.
- But it’s the conflation of these points that is truly frightening: the idea that in continuing to give corporations more and more unchecked power and reign, we are giving them the power of religious tyranny — the ability to wantonly and unilaterally impose religion as they see fit on their workers and perhaps more.
- Under such a ruling, it’s not far-fetched to imagine companies (genuinely or disingenuously) claiming religious exemptions in refusing to serve gay customers or denying health insurance coverage to the multi-racial child of an employee.
- In fact, what would stop companies from saying that their religion makes them opposed to taxes or obeying pollution regulations or you name it? Just what we need in America, more corporations with more excuses to not play by the same rules that ordinary Americans have to obey.
- But in its rulings, this Court repeatedly gives more power to the interests of already-powerful corporations than the needs of the American people.
So, there we have some double standards on display.
If right wingers show concern over the homosexual militants and their allies, who are in the nasty habit of abusing or steamrolling over people, in their quest to cram homosexuality down everyone’s throats (ie, harassing people over it, suing people, getting them fired), see, for instance,
(Link): New Mexico Court: Christian Photographer Cannot Refuse Gay Ceremony
(Link): Florida Teacher Suspended for Anti-Gay Marriage Posts on Personal Facebook Page
(Link): Christian B&B owners who refused to let gay couple stay suffer death threats and are forced to sell up because of a lack of business
(Link): Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich Resigns After Protests from Gay Marriage Supporters
– there’s absolutely nothing to be concerned about, but, when the Supreme Court rules that a Christian-owned business does not have to fund all forms of contraception, oh noes, look out, Christians will be sending women into forced labor camps next, or to the electric chair!1111!!!!
But such concern is not loony paranoia when expressed by the left, according to the left against the right, no, it’s only indicative of nuttiness when expressed by the right. See the double standard there?
(Link): The left loses their minds over Hobby Lobby decision BY NOAH ROTHMAN
- “Just because it was only restricted to women’s health access doesn’t mean that it doesn’t create a devastating precedent which says that women’s health care should be treated differently,” Carmon [journalist with left wing MSNBC.com] added. She added that the Republican Party is the biggest beneficiary of today’s ruling. “So, the context of this is an all-out assault on access to contraception and access to other reproductive health care services.”
- HotAir’s Karl has accumulated some of the best examples of liberal “schadenfreude,” as he’s dubbed it, in which the left utterly and intentionally misconstrues the scope of this ruling. Incidentally, their reaction also helps to service what appears to be a widely shared victimhood fantasy.
- We’ve seen indications that the left believes this decision is a prelude to theocracy [what follows are tweets]:
— start Tweets —–
✔ @JohnFugelsang (source)
The Supreme Court #HobbyLobby ruling proves once again that Scalia Law is a lot like Sharia Law.
southpaw @nycsouthpaw (source)
“So as not to insult Allah, this accounting firm requires that all female employees wear the hijab.”
—- end Tweets —-
We’ve seen liberal journalists and commentators rending garments over the implications of this ruling which exist only in their own minds:
— start Tweets —-
Brian Beutler ✔ @brianbeutler (source)
This isn’t a win for religious liberty it’s an affirmation of privilege for advocates of conservative sexual morality http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrYmQ7bCcAAu9K1.png#twimg …
Jimmy williams @Jimmyspolitics
What Hobby Lobby means is there are now two separate classes of women in America: those who work for privately-owned corps and everyone else
Jim Acosta ✔ @JimAcostaCNN
Pelosi on Hobby Lobby: “Supreme Court took an outrageous step against the rights of America’s women”
Elizabeth Warren ✔ @elizabethforma
Can’t believe we live in a world where we’d even consider letting big corps deny women access to basic care based on vague moral objections.
— end Tweets—
It’s pretty rich of liberals to depict Christians and conservatives as being paranoid nutters over some issues, when they themselves do the same thing on other issues.
Additional material (off site links):
(Link): Hobby Lobby opponents: Supreme Court probably legalized xenophobia, racism
- The left has been… animated in their objections to the Supreme Court’s decision in the Hobby Lobby case which declared the mandate in the Affordable Care Act which forced employers to provide employees with abortifacients drugs over their religious objections to be unconstitutional.
- In spite of what many have characterized as the narrow and tailored ruling by the Court, some political and legal observers have determined that the ruling is a step toward the legalization of discrimination.
- One of the more creative arguments in this direction was submitted by NPR’s legal affairs correspondent Nina Totenberg. On Monday, she suggested that the Court has created a legal pathway for employers to discriminate against their employees on the basis of race, sexual orientation, and even national origin.
(Link): 6 Stupid Arguments About Hobby Lobby From Dumb Liberals
(Link): The Hobby Lobby Decision Shows The Culture War Isn’t Over
October 2014 edit. —EBOLA—
Now I would add the ebola outbreak to the list. It seems to me that many left wingers have been saying ebola is not a serious threat to the USA, while it’s mainly been conservatives calling the alarm and asking the Government to halt all commercial flights from ebola stricken nations.
Your U.S. liberals get up in arms about this, and insist that right wingers are being paranoid and over-hyping ebola’s threat to Americans.
Meanwhile, the ebola situation continually gets worse, as I’ve been keeping tracking of in (Link): this post (at the bottom, under the section entitled “UPDATE”), so it’s not unwarranted or nutty or paranoid for American conservatives to express concern at the situation.
Related posts, this blog:
(Link): Celibate Shaming from an Anti- Slut Shaming Secular Feminist Site (Hypocrisy) Feminists Do Not Support All Choices
(Link): If the Family Is Central, Christ Isn’t
(Link): Why So Much Fornication – Because Christians Have No Expectation of Sexual Purity
(Link): So According to Some Feminists Believing in Female Equality Means Supporting All Actions and Behaviors by All Females Ever – Even their Pubic Hair Photos and Bloody Vagina T Shirt Designs? What?
(Link): Hypocrisy of Left Wingers and Atheists and the #NotAll Hash Tag or Rhetoric
(Link): Inconsistency on Feminist Site – Choices Have Consequences