Gallup Poll: Americans Say Birth Control, Divorce Most “Morally Acceptable”
LOL, this sure gives the idiotic “Permanence of Marriage, even abuse isn’t grounds for divorce view” Christian complementarian and patriarchal dweebs adhere to more of an uphill climb.
From June of 2022:
(Link): Poll: Americans say birth control, divorce most “morally acceptable”
(Link): Americans Say Birth Control, Divorce Most ‘Morally Acceptable’
By Megan Brenan
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Americans’ ratings of the morality of 19 behaviors are little changed since last year. Using birth control and getting divorced remain the most “morally acceptable” actions, and having extramarital affairs and cloning humans are seen as the most “morally wrong.”
Continue reading “Gallup Poll: Americans Say Birth Control, Divorce Most “Morally Acceptable””
U.S. Approval of Interracial Marriage Reaches All Time High of 94% (Gallup)
(Link): U.S. Approval of Interracial Marriage at New High of 94%
by Justin McCarthy
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Ninety-four percent of U.S. adults now approve of marriages between Black people and White people, up from 87% in the prior reading from 2013.
The current figure marks a new high in Gallup’s trend, which spans more than six decades. Just 4% approved when Gallup first asked the question in 1958.
The latest figure is from a Gallup poll conducted July 6-21. Shifts in the 63-year-old trend represent one of the largest transformations in public opinion in Gallup’s history — beginning at a time when interracial marriage was nearly universally opposed and continuing to its nearly universal approval today.
Continue reading “U.S. Approval of Interracial Marriage Reaches All Time High of 94% (Gallup)”
Americans’ Acceptance of Sexual Immorality Growing, Gallup Finds
(Link): Americans’ Acceptance of Sexual Immorality Growing, Gallup Finds
- May 2015
- Americans’ acceptance of sexual immorality is growing, according to a Gallup report.When asked about the moral acceptability of a range of issues, five of the top six issues that saw an increase in acceptability were related to sexual morality.
- The largest increase in moral acceptability from 2001 to 2015 was for homosexual relations, which increased 23 percentage points, from 40 to 63 percent. That was followed by having a baby outside of marriage (45 to 61 percent), heterosexual sex outside of marriage (53 to 68 percent), divorce (59 to 71 percent) and polygamy (7 to 16 percent).
- … An August 2014 study found that Christians who support same-sex marriage are more likely to support other types of sexual immorality, such as premarital cohabitation, “no-strings-attached” sex, abortion and viewing pornography.
- The increased acceptance of sexual immorality also tracks with an increase in those identifying themselves as socially liberal. The percentage of those who say they are social liberals is now the same as those who say they are conservative on social issues (31 percent), according to Gallup.
- …The recent poll, conducted May 6-10, had a random sample of 1,024 adults living in the United States.