Women Who Stay Single or Get Divorced Are Healthiest
I can tell you that my fellow conservatives won’t like this news at all. Neither will the Christians who are into complementarianism and who like to shame singles for being single, who like to promote the studies that say that staying single will cause a person to be miserable or die younger.
(Southern Baptist Al Mohler loves to push those views (Link): on his blog. It’s sickening.)
Anyway, here is this from B. DePaulo:
(Link): Women Who Stay Single or Get Divorced Are Healthiest by B. DePaulo
A (Link): new study, soon to be published in the Journal of Women’s (Link): Health, provides fresh evidence that people who stay single instead of getting married, or who get divorced instead of staying married, are especially likely to be healthy.
….Here’s what changed when unmarried women (whether divorced, separated, or always single) got married:
- After they got married, their BMI (body mass index) increased.
- After they got married, they drank more.
- After they got married, their systolic blood pressure increased.
- Diastolic blood pressure decreased over the three-year period for those who stayed single and those who married, but it decreased less in those who got married.
Here’s what changed when married women got divorced or separated, compared to the women who stayed married:
- BMI (body mass index) decreased for the women who got divorced.
- Waist size decreased for the women who got divorced.
(( click here to read the rest ))