Conservative, Church-Going Christian Guy Participates in Threesome, Jumps To Death
For any newbies to this blog:
- I am right wing, conservative, and I was Republican.
- (I am still right of center these days, but the GOP is deeply disappointing to me now (though not for most of the reasons liberals find the GOP disappointing), so I may be leaving the GOP, I have not decided on that – and no, I am not a Democrat).
- Furthermore, I was raised with traditional values in a Christian home. I was completely Christian up until around 2013 or so.
- I still have a lot of respect for conservative Christian values, but I now see that a lot of conservative Christians mis-use or misinterpret the Bible, and, in the process, some are, or can be, very rude, dismissive, or arrogant to anyone who doesn’t share their beliefs in toto.
- (But no, I am not a supporter of liberal Christian theology, either. Those guys treat the Bible too much like Silly Putty.)
- While I disagree with left wing, secular feminists about 95% or more of the time, I do believe they are occasionally right on some topics sometimes..
- Unlike most conservatives, I do not automatically tune out liberal feminist arguments and concerns. I usually will take the time to actually go to their blogs, forums, and articles, read what they are saying, and try to understand where they are coming from.
- Most other conservatives, however, have a knee-jerk tendency to out-right dismiss or ridicule left wing feminist concerns. I think this is a big mistake.
- I am disappointed that my fellow conservatives do not really take the time to listen and understand what their ideological opponents are saying – I have learned in the last few years that even broken clocks are right twice a day.
Concerning the news story I am blogging about now:
This guy, Tyler Carlisle, was a regular church goer.
I would take it that Carlisle would have considered himself a Christian, and it looks like his pastor or church thought that the younger church folks thought of this guy as a role model.
Stories like this just re-enforce my ever-growing belief that the “equally yoked” teaching, which is taught and believed by many Christians, as applies to dating and marriage, is a lot of Hooey, or largely irrelevant to adult singles.
(I grew up as a conservative Christian and used to be a subscriber to the “equally yoked” teaching, for anyone reading this who is new to this blog.)
You have, as in this example (link farther below), church-going Christian guys who are having pre-marital sex – via threesomes, no less – and then stabbing his friend in the neck in a jealous fit, and I don’t see his (or their) morals necessarily being any better or worse than your average Non-Christian.
There are probably Non-Christians with better morals than this.
I can also see (thanks to stories like this), how it’s better to be single and celibate. You sure do avoid a lot of grief in life without getting mixed up in love affairs or sexual acts.
Masculinity So Fragile
Some of my fellow right wingers and conservatives (that’s correct, yours truly who is writing this post is NOT a left winger) are having a cow over the “Masculinity So Fragile” hash tag on Twitter, but I think stories like this go to show there may be something to the concept.
I cannot imagine most women feeling so slighted during a sexual escapade or from not receiving what they believe is enough attention from a male suitor that they deal with it by stabbing someone in the neck and then jumping from a window.
This story shows that a lot of men do have a very deeply held sense of entitlement to sex from women.
(I have another news story to blog about some other time that is just as, if not, more troubling in some ways than this one, which also highlights male entitlement towards sex and women.)
This news story also shows that there is something deeply wrong with any religious group, and with a secular culture, that produces something like this – there is something very “off” and disturbing about attitudes towards dating, sex, and women that is being communicated to a lot of men.
For more examples of that, of male entitlement in dating, or towards women in general, please see links at the bottom of this post, under the “Related Posts” section.
(Link): Student jumped to his death from window during threesome after stabbing friend in jealous rage
(Link): Yale student jumped out of window during threesome after stabbing his best friend when he felt that he was getting too much attention from their female partner
- Tyler Carlisle, 21 stabbed friend Alexander Michaud in the neck on May 26 and then jumped out a window to his death
- The police report from the incident now reveals the two men had been having a threesome with another woman at the time
- Michaud, now 22, told an officer that Carlisle had become jealous when he thought the girl was not paying enough attention to him and stabbed him
- Carlisle was pronounced dead on the scene, less than one week after graduating from Yale
- The unnamed female was unharmed in the incident, and she and Michaud still attend Yale
Continue reading “Conservative, Church-Going Christian Guy Participates in Threesome, Jumps To Death / Masculinity So Fragile Twitter Hash Tag”