My husband forgot Mother’s Day flowers, so I had sex with someone else – New York Post Says Number of Married Women Applying on Cheater Site Ashley Madison Increases After Mother’s Day
In light of stories like this one below, HOW can conservative Christians, Republicans, and my fellow social conservatives continue to insist that “the family” is the bedrock of society, that marriage is necessary for keeping social fiber intact, or that marriage instills qualities such as godliness and maturity in a person?
Notice also that the cheating woman in this story got married to her husband while she was in her mid-20s, which is the age at which conservatives and Christians (and including the ones who promote “early marriage”) say a man and woman should marry, but this very fact – her marrying in her 20s – is what contributed in part to this woman feeling bad about herself, about her marriage, and why she says she cheated on her husband.
- by Jane Ridley
- May 2, 2015
- The adulterers website Ashley Madison is expecting a massive 500 percent spike in sign-ups from women on the day after Mother’s Day.
- According to its data, there was a 442 percent increase in sign-ups (compared to the daily norm) after last year’s holiday, following an upward trend since 2010.
- So what drives a woman to commit adultery after spending time with her family on Mother’s Day? Ann, a 42-year-old finance worker from Bergen County, NJ, who asked The Post not to use her last name, tells Jane Ridley her cheating story.
- Opening the Mother’s Day card last year from my husband, Derek*, my heart sank. We’d been married for more than 15 years, and I was the mom of his two young children — but he hadn’t even thought to buy me flowers, let alone jewelry.
The whole run-up to Mother’s Day had been depressing. It made me feel old, like I was losing my sexiness. My marriage was stuck in a rut.
We’d gotten hitched when I was in my mid-20s. Things were great at first, but they started to fall apart almost as soon as our kids arrived.
Derek is only 48, but he might as well be in his 70s — he’s always tired and unmotivated. We have sex about once a week, though it’s hardly passionate. I never orgasm and just go through the motions.
- So, the day after Mother’s Day, I set up a profile on the cheaters’ website Ashley Madison.
I’d had a bit to drink and was feeling flirtatious, so I wrote how I was a voluptuous brunette looking to have an affair.
- Within minutes, I had responses from several guys, including a man called Tom with three children. He was 42, worked in the medical field and his marriage was even more dysfunctional than mine. He wasn’t having sex with his wife at all.
Continue reading “My husband forgot Mother’s Day flowers, so I had sex with someone else – New York Post Says Number of Married Women Applying on Cheater Site Ashley Madison Increases After Mother’s Day”