Mothers Over 40 in Record Baby Boom: Number of Women Who Give Birth in Their Fifth Decade or Later Trebles
This article is from 2010. I could have sworn I already did a blog post on this, but I looked around my blog a little bit and don’t see it.
(Link): Mothers over 40 in record baby boom: Number of women who give birth in their fifth decade or later trebles
- By Steve Doughty for the Daily Mail
- A baby boom among older women has trebled the number giving birth after their 40th birthday.
- Almost 27,000 babies were born to mothers over 40 last year, figures revealed yesterday.
- The unprecedented level is nearly three times the total of 20 years ago and up by 50 per cent over the past decade.
- Even during the post-war childbirth peak in the Sixties there were fewer children born to women in their fifth decade and beyond.
- Britain now has one of the highest birth rates for older women in the world, with 3.8 per cent of all babies born to mothers over 40. Only Italy has a higher level in Europe.
Continue reading “Mothers Over 40 in Record Baby Boom: Number of Women Who Give Birth in Their Fifth Decade or Later Trebles”
Woman in Her 70s May Be Oldest Ever to Give Birth
(Link): Woman in Her 70s May Be Oldest Ever to Give Birth
- By CBS NEWS
- May 12, 2016, 3:23 PM
- A woman in India could make the record books as one of the oldest ever to give birth.
- Daljinder Kaur, who’s believed to be at least 70 years old, gave birth to a son named Arman (meaning “wish” in Hindi) on April 19. The baby was the first for Kaur and her 79-year-old husband, Mohinder Singh Gill, after nearly five decades of marriage.
- “I feel blessed to be able to hold my own baby. I had lost hope of becoming a mother ever,” said Kaur, who underwent two years of (Link): IVF treatment and had two failed attempts earlier.
Continue reading “Woman in Her 70s May Be Oldest Ever to Give Birth”