Woman in Her 70s May Be Oldest Ever to Give Birth
(Link): Woman in Her 70s May Be Oldest Ever to Give Birth
- By CBS NEWS
- May 12, 2016, 3:23 PM
- A woman in India could make the record books as one of the oldest ever to give birth.
- Daljinder Kaur, who’s believed to be at least 70 years old, gave birth to a son named Arman (meaning “wish” in Hindi) on April 19. The baby was the first for Kaur and her 79-year-old husband, Mohinder Singh Gill, after nearly five decades of marriage.
- “I feel blessed to be able to hold my own baby. I had lost hope of becoming a mother ever,” said Kaur, who underwent two years of (Link): IVF treatment and had two failed attempts earlier.
Continue reading “Woman in Her 70s May Be Oldest Ever to Give Birth”
Ministering to the Unmarried at Home and Abroad by C. Darnell
(Link): Ministering to the Unmarried at Home and Abroad by C. Darnell
- March 8, 2016
- For Kim Jackson, staying single into her 50s wasn’t a “big holy decision.” She dated through her 20s, but never met the right person.
- “I had some pressure from friends and family for quite a while—now I’m so old, I guess they gave up,” said Jackson, now 58.
- The percentage of unmarried adults in America has been growing since the 1970s. Today, almost half of U.S. adults are either divorced, widowed, or never married. But much church activity revolves around couples and families.
- Jackson doesn’t begrudge the church its focus on families, but more could be done to make singles feel comfortable, she said. Sunday school class names like “Pairs and Spares” or “Fish Out of Water” make singles feel like they don’t have a place in the church.
Continue reading “Ministering to the Unmarried at Home and Abroad by C. Darnell”