Why I’m Glad I Married a Celibate ‘Tim Tebow’ by L. Haywood
Some people are leaving comments below this editorial on another site, the one by Haywood, saying the media got it wrong: Tebow never dated this Olivia person.
I don’t know if he ever dated her or not. I find this editorial by Haywood is still relevant, because even if Tebow never dated Olivia What’s-her-name, the fact is, he got ridiculed a lot in the media for being an adult virgin / celibate.
Here is a page which discusses that situation:
People who chose to abstain sexually at any age should not be mocked for this choice.
It’s gotten a little old how society (I’d say liberals are really bad about this especially), expect folks who hold really traditional values of totally embracing and accepting homosexual behavior, transgenderism, and hetero fornication, but they draw the line at accepting and supporting people who choose to remain virgins or to practice celibacy.
To recap: even if Tebow never did date Olivia I-Forget-Her-Last-Name, the fact remains that his choice to sexually abstain was in fact mocked and ridiculed when this story first broke, that she supposedly broke up with him for refusing to perform.
So, I find many of the points in this editorial still cogent:
(Link): Why I’m Glad I Married a Celibate ‘Tim Tebow’ by L. Haywood
- Former Miss Universe and Miss USA Olivia Culpo broke up with NFL star Tim Tebow because he reportedly wouldn’t have sex with her. This has made the headlines but I believe she has no idea what she just squandered. She may be beautiful but sexually clueless.
- Here’s why I think she is sexually clueless:
- …. Marrying a man who pledges himself to purity says that you’re more valuable to him then temporary gratification. We’re going into our 23rd year of marriage and I’m so glad that he waited for me. Jerome’s season of waiting showed me and my sons how valuable I am to him.
Continue reading “Why I’m Glad I Married a Celibate ‘Tim Tebow’ by L. Haywood”
Various Editorials Defending Tim Tebow’s Celibacy – Because Some Secular Media Are Ridiculing It
(Link): Tebow’s Choice to Stay Chaste – He sets a rare, refreshing example in an overly sexualized culture
- … Tebow is fascinating to people partly because the culture cannot accept the fact that a professional athlete does not indulge in a wild, partying lifestyle, or at least a sexually active one.
- It’s almost as if the public (and particularly the media) don’t believe that people who believe in God and actively, honestly live out their faith even exist anymore.
- The Rev. Michael Sliney, a Catholic priest and the New York chaplain of the Lumen Institute, an association of business and cultural leaders, said, “I deeply admire Tim Tebow for persevering in this noble ideal — a true witness of self-mastery and respect for the sacredness of the sexual act.”
- It’s an interesting point, particularly when it comes to respect. And despite what either side of this argument believes, shouldn’t Tebow have the right to make his own decisions when it comes to what he feels is respecting himself and others?
- …. There are multiple viable reasons people, religious or not, choose to remain chaste until marriage. Tebow should not be publicly ridiculed for his decision to do so, and his example is rare but refreshing in an overly sexualized culture.
(Link): Leave Tim Tebow Alone
(Link): Tim Tebow Dumped by Fmr. Miss Universe Olivia Culpo Over Sex?
(Link): Sports media mocks Tim Tebow over abstinence pledge
- by D. Gwinn
- So long story short, it’s a report that should have come as no surprise since Tebow has (Link): already had one relationship end because of his moral stand and maybe, just maybe, God-forbid engender some sense of begrudging respect from the media elite for at least having the courage of his convictions, has instead triggered a few juvenile headlines and one-liners from a legion of sports reporters who would never be allowed in the same room as a Miss USA, current or former. Unless they bought a ticket.
Continue reading “Various Editorials Defending Tim Tebow’s Celibacy – Because Some Secular Media Are Ridiculing It”