Groom Finds Bride Dead Morning After their Wedding
This is one of those things that few in our marriage-centric culture and churches consider: even if you do marry, there is no guarantee the marriage will be happy or that the spouse will live. Maybe the spouse will divorce you or be abusive, so you have to divorce. Or, like in this story, your spouse passes away.
Being married or getting married is not the end-all, be-all solution to eradicating loneliness that so many Hollywood movies or church sermons or Christian or conservative based think tanks make it out to be.
- May 20, 2016
- DARLINGTON, England — The morning after what should have been one of the happiest days of their lives as a couple, a (Link): groom was mourning his new bride who died in her sleep on their wedding night.
- Mariola Michalowski, 38, died just hours after celebrating her marriage May 13, to partner Krzysztof, who was known as Kris.
- The couple had two young children who were with them at the ceremony in Richmond in North Yorkshire, England.
- Nearly £10,000, or more than $14,000, has been donated to help Michalowski finish paying for the wedding and now his wife’s funeral.
- The cause of death is not yet known, but it is thought Mariola Michalowski had a history of epilepsy.
- Kris Michalowski found her in bed in the home they shared after he went to feed their baby, thinking his wife was sleeping in.
- North Yorkshire Police were called, although a spokeswoman said there were no suspicious circumstances.